One Knot to Tie them All

A

AlwaysLost

This is a pretty good knot video for beginners. I'd argue that you still need to know a truckers hitch and a fisherman's knot. But its a pretty good philosophy for beginners who struggle with knots.

• Useful
Reactions: Jimmy Beans

DrewSTNY

Reaction score
Very cool. I hadn't experimented with the Marlin spike that much. My go to knot is the taught line hitch which has been modified to be the mid-shipman's hitch now.

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Truckers hitch is a must, fisherman's for sure if you're planing on fishing but otherwise I personally don't find myself using it outside of that. Not in any applications this video's knots wouldn't work just as well for. Thanks for posting, I didn't know that twin bowline knot.. pretty fancy.

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I work in technical search and rescue, all of the k it's you would ever need to know, for any application, are here in an animated fashion, step by step. I would highly recommend it:

http://www.animatedknots.com

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads