Oi. I'm clay and I wanted to say hi.

tacopirate

Reaction score
Hey y'all. I'm clay and I'm from Detroit. I travel a lot but have been stuck in North Carolina because of my epilepsy. I used to get on here years ago but couldn't remember my login info. I used to hop freight a lot but kind to sort-of retire because of seizures. If anyone is around Wilmington, NC hit me up.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Well hey - welcome back, and glad your are back. What was your handle before? :)

VeganBrianFL

Reaction score
Damn, I had seizures for a good minute when I quit taking my klonopin; I'm assuming stopping benzos did it to you too, hence your old handle on here.
Stay positive and smoke a lot of bud, seizing is scary as fuck but if it's from benzos, it shouldn't be forever.

Reactions: beersalt

tacopirate

Reaction score
Damn, I had seizures for a good minute when I quit taking my klonopin; I'm assuming stopping benzos did it to you too, hence your old handle on here.
Stay positive and smoke a lot of bud, seizing is scary as fuck but if it's from benzos, it shouldn't be forever.
Thanks. Xanax had something to do with it but I have always had epilepsy. I want to hop again but I don't want to have a seizure on a train, ya know?

VeganBrianFL

Reaction score
I feel ya, Xanax is seizure medicine after all. And I feel ya on not hopping with potential seizures. Can't let em stop your life though. Have someone with you that knows epilepsy, fast acting benzos for emergencies (the diazepem via rectal injector would be best but regular Valium or klonopin pills can be used there too), and don't hop on the fly.
I'm different because I haven't always been epileptic but I had 5+ seizures daily while homeless and still said "fuck it", got on my bike, and put in miles like crazy. Some seizures on the bike but nothing reminds you that you're alive like a 8 minute seizure that starts while pedaling by the beach lol

tacopirate

Reaction score
^^Hahaha, no kidding. I'm a huge cyclist so I know about waking up on the ground, tangled up in your bike. I'm definitely not letting it run my life though. I finally got to the point where I can run around like usual again and be myself. There was a time there when I had to crawl to the fucking bathroom. But, you either keep on living or decide your going to suck at life. I choose living.
You've obviously had experience with benzo's eh? I've never tried valium rectally but I imagine it would work quickly. I carry a bottle of phenobarbital with me at all times but it only does so much. Not drinking too much is a huge thing as well. I still drink once or twice a week but nothing like I used to. I think, at my worst, I was into a fifth to a half gallon of aristocrat vodka a day. Ugh. Bad thing about that, not only do you have the normal seizures but also precipitated seizures from alcohol withdrawal. I started taking my Kepra regularly so that helps a lot. It's nice not to be hungover all the time as well.

VeganBrianFL

Reaction score
Benzos are the best for killing a seizure; their "start time" is shorter than a lot of seizures. The rectal method is because it's hard and dangerous to give a pill during a seizure; putting it in a syringe with no needle and shooting it rectally is safer for the caregiver. There's actual diazepam "butt plugs" for that but hard to get and expensive, whereas benzos are easy to get even without RX because everyone abuses seizure meds now :/
The drinking though; that shits horrible. I drink lightly but often, never had withdrawal from it, but benzo withdrawal is essentially the same; both flood and deplete GABA receptors in your brain causing seizures (and other benzo/alcohol withdrawal symptoms.. The only 2 drugs that can kill you from stopping).

Reactions: tacopirate

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads