Official Jamboree Information for 2016! (1 Viewer)

Stiv Rhodes

Wanderer
The Metrolink train from LA union station to Riverside, than the Sun Transit buses 220 to 111 to 95 to Mecca are $19.25 combined. If you're busing from the north, it's a much better deal, and shorter ride than the Greyhound to El Centro. I think most of our folks will be coming in from the north side of Hwy 111, so it should be an easy hitch from there.

Last edited:
Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!
I'm in San Diego right now trying to get out there. Just me, my pack and my cat. Possible ride on Monday or Tuesday but it's not for sure. If anyone could potentially help with at least getting me from SD to El Centro in a couple days if my ride falls through, I'd be very appreciative. The hitch out of SD is just difficult and if I could avoid it, I will. (My cat is very well trained. Will not shit or piss on you or your stuff)

OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
I'm in San Diego right now trying to get out there. Just me, my pack and my cat. Possible ride on Monday or Tuesday but it's not for sure. If anyone could potentially help with at least getting me from SD to El Centro in a couple days if my ride falls through, I'd be very appreciative. The hitch out of SD is just difficult and if I could avoid it, I will. (My cat is very well trained. Will not shit or piss on you or your stuff)
@Viking_Adventurer's van is out of commission for the time being, but we're flying into san diego and renting a vehicle, so you can get a ride with us, but we'd need your cat to be in a carrier if at all possible.

OP
Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Semi-retired traveler
Staff member
Admin
Website
youtube.com
I could work with a carrier. When would we be leaving?
we arrive in san diego on the 19th at 5pm. there's about 3-4 other people meeting us at the airport where we're renting the vehicle and driving straight to the slabs.

do you have a carrier? i hate to be so insistent on it, but i'm extremely allergic to cats (i get asthma attacks).

we arrive in san diego on the 19th at 5pm. there's about 3-4 other people meeting us at the airport where we're renting the vehicle and driving straight to the slabs.

do you have a carrier? i hate to be so insistent on it, but i'm extremely allergic to cats (i get asthma attacks).
Yes, I have a carrier I can use. Where at the airport would we meet up? Like the terminal or the rental car place or what?

Rob Nothing

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
For any future riders coming in from the east... ((Re info in OP pertaining to trains siding out in Niland)) An inbound mfwwc I rode in on from tx (id boxes for days, few hoppers, lumber and a slave) stopped practically everywhere the whole way over, including Niland which occurred sometime around 4p.. So they do stop for the slabs.. at least 10% of the time ;P

peace

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$70.75
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $70.75 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $70.75 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $70.75 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Anyone in Chicago?!? Just rolled into town, next stop Minneapolis
Hey all, peace from a mostly retired road dog and now sober husband and father. Spent my youth hitching and tramping around the west primarily, Durango, mesa verde, Quartzsite, Laramie,Lander also Cincinnati, Philly, Detroit, Alabama, florida, Washington etc. Mostly lurking, keeping up on news and thinking about future destinations. Thanks for reading
Ridin' dirty face all day, playa playyyy
My New Backpack Review! Love this Pack!
In Birmingham heading north to Chicago, anyone around? Passing through Nashville too
Just helped brand and ear tag 17 calfs, guess I'm a cowboy now!
Slowly commenting my way to be allowed into the train gang again :)
I don't represent this site at all, but "supposedly", the Couchsurfing site is getting their asses whipped by the Covid-19 situation and may soon shut down, just a heads up for anyone who also uses it

Members online

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$70.75
Goal
$100.00

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
Dantheman