2016 Jamboree - Official Jamboree Information for 2016! | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

2016 Jamboree Official Jamboree Information for 2016!

Threads with this prefix are related to the 2016 Jamboree.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stiv Rhodes

Reaction score
The Metrolink train from LA union station to Riverside, than the Sun Transit buses 220 to 111 to 95 to Mecca are $19.25 combined. If you're busing from the north, it's a much better deal, and shorter ride than the Greyhound to El Centro. I think most of our folks will be coming in from the north side of Hwy 111, so it should be an easy hitch from there.

Last edited:

Shwhiskey Gumimaci

Reaction score
I'm in San Diego right now trying to get out there. Just me, my pack and my cat. Possible ride on Monday or Tuesday but it's not for sure. If anyone could potentially help with at least getting me from SD to El Centro in a couple days if my ride falls through, I'd be very appreciative. The hitch out of SD is just difficult and if I could avoid it, I will. (My cat is very well trained. Will not shit or piss on you or your stuff)

Reactions: Mankini

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I'm in San Diego right now trying to get out there. Just me, my pack and my cat. Possible ride on Monday or Tuesday but it's not for sure. If anyone could potentially help with at least getting me from SD to El Centro in a couple days if my ride falls through, I'd be very appreciative. The hitch out of SD is just difficult and if I could avoid it, I will. (My cat is very well trained. Will not shit or piss on you or your stuff)

@Viking_Adventurer's van is out of commission for the time being, but we're flying into san diego and renting a vehicle, so you can get a ride with us, but we'd need your cat to be in a carrier if at all possible.

Shwhiskey Gumimaci

Reaction score
@Viking_Adventurer's van is out of commission for the time being, but we're flying into san diego and renting a vehicle, so you can get a ride with us, but we'd need your cat to be in a carrier if at all possible.
I could work with a carrier. When would we be leaving?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I could work with a carrier. When would we be leaving?

we arrive in san diego on the 19th at 5pm. there's about 3-4 other people meeting us at the airport where we're renting the vehicle and driving straight to the slabs.

do you have a carrier? i hate to be so insistent on it, but i'm extremely allergic to cats (i get asthma attacks).

Shwhiskey Gumimaci

Reaction score
we arrive in san diego on the 19th at 5pm. there's about 3-4 other people meeting us at the airport where we're renting the vehicle and driving straight to the slabs.

do you have a carrier? i hate to be so insistent on it, but i'm extremely allergic to cats (i get asthma attacks).
Yes, I have a carrier I can use. Where at the airport would we meet up? Like the terminal or the rental car place or what?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i'll pm you with my # and details

Rob Nothing

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
For any future riders coming in from the east... ((Re info in OP pertaining to trains siding out in Niland)) An inbound mfwwc I rode in on from tx (id boxes for days, few hoppers, lumber and a slave) stopped practically everywhere the whole way over, including Niland which occurred sometime around 4p.. So they do stop for the slabs.. at least 10% of the time ;P

peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads