nyc river/harbor rat | Squat the Planet

nyc river/harbor rat

Junwe

Reaction score
Hello, i'm Jr and this is the first time i heard about the forum and am glad to join. Presently looking for a 27' Catalina. Used to have an o'day 25 which i lived on for 4yrs here in nyc waters. i didn't know anyone else living this way. Never paid for docking and wasn't ever approached by the harbor p.d. i would like to move to the Chesapeake bay considering we are not welcome in Europe. It's been years since i last sailed so i figure the bay would be an excellent location for winter sailing and i can start learning again. Any info on life on the bay and the best yards for diy is welcomed. i still work on engines and modify old motorcycles. Time to get back to the water. Fair winds and following seas, peace

croc

Reaction score
I'm curious if u found out about this site via 'squat the planet' stickers on poles/ barricades etc in nyc? Bc I just slapped a bunch up yesterday so ur timing seemed ironic if not lol

Junwe

Reaction score
I'm curious if u found out about this site via 'squat the planet' stickers on poles/ barricades etc in nyc? Bc I just slapped a bunch up yesterday so ur timing seemed ironic if not lol
No, i was told about STP, whereabouts did you put the stickers? i live in Brooklyn and haven't met anyone that has lived in these waters not including the houseboats in the boat basin who get shore power and have amenities other yards don't. When i returned to Brooklyn i heard about the marina near the Brooklyn bridge, new to me but only open for the spring thru November season. i'm presently in Norfolk, came to look at a few boats. Think i found a Catalina 27 in New Rochelle and will return this weekend to see it. Found a Sun yacht 27' in Baltimore for 2200$, needs interior work but hull is solid needs paint. Unfortunately i don't know anyone in MD so i'm passing on it.

croc

Reaction score
No, i was told about STP, whereabouts did you put the stickers? i live in Brooklyn and haven't met anyone that has lived in these waters not including the houseboats in the boat basin who get shore power and have amenities other yards don't. When i returned to Brooklyn i heard about the marina near the Brooklyn bridge, new to me but only open for the spring thru November season. i'm presently in Norfolk, came to look at a few boats. Think i found a Catalina 27 in New Rochelle and will return this weekend to see it. Found a Sun yacht 27' in Baltimore for 2200$, needs interior work but hull is solid needs paint. Unfortunately i don't know anyone in MD so i'm passing on it.
Someone I know used to live on a boat in the canal in Queens but left to go ride trains and I imagine someone else has squatted it by now.
I put some up near the east village.

Junwe

Reaction score

Someone I know used to live on a boat in the canal in Queens but left to go ride trains and I imagine someone else has squatted it by now.
I put some up near the east village.
i lived in LES back in the beginning of 2000, all that has changed and living aboard is a better choice

• Agree
Reactions: croc

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads