nyc -> idk

silflay

Reaction score
Hey hey folks, i'm Gwendolyn. I'm 29 & sort of a hippie but who hates more things than she loves. A couple of days ago i gave notice to my job that i'm out & i have a cherished but inchoate plan to go south for the winter & read books & learn to play metal songs on my banjo uke. Part of me thinks i'm too old & not brave enough to just fuck off & hitch to FL or whatever, but meh. Gotta do something. The end is near.

Aaaanyway, any suggestions ppl have about where to go & how to get there would be awesome (obvi i'm reading the destinations board too). Right now i just know there's this town in NC where they have adorable white squirrels & i want to see them. I've never hitchhiked before but tbh that just seems like a great reason to start doing it now. I'm mostly ok with not having a super clear idea about what i'm gonna do.

Also if anybody else is planning on leaving NYC in the next couple weeks, or otherwise heading in my direction, hit me up! Esp. if you might want to form some kinda itinerant queercore coven of filth...!

Reactions: Naomi Leigh

Psylock1045

Reaction score
Hey there, I'm right in your path headed south, in Baltimore. When were you planning on leaving?

Psylock1045

Reaction score
Cool. Maybe we can meet up at some point. I might be headed south too, not sure yet.

shred till yer dead

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
i would initially take a bus from nyc china town to phily you can get there for 12 dollars and start my hitch from there headed southwest to b-more and then south to north carolina and onward to fl. also if you ever catch a ride to the edge of a big city it is usually fairly easy to get from one side of them to another using cheep public transit... good luck

• Useful
Reactions: silflay

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads