Photos NW of Avignon to SE of Martigues

Colinleath

Reaction score
Website
colinleath.github.io
Screenshot_20211003-222423_OsmAnd+.jpg

I seem to have settled into a peaceful existence here so I'm guessing I may not be writing much since I'm just living the life as they say.

I find quiet spots in pine forests. Come out when I need food, water, exercise, electricity. And progress towards Sicily as I do so before finding the next nice pine forest spot.

Currently there's a bunch of rain happening so I may stay put for two nights.

Having nearly unlimited internet has let me revert to my old habits of staring at my phone. But once I ran out of electricity so I actually read some books I've been carrying.

I also made it to Decathlon and got new brake pads, handlebar horns, and one of those two-pronged kick stands I've always wanted to try (it's pretty cool, you can adjust the length of each leg independently in case you're using it on a slanted surface). And I got a solar panel. It's proved somewhat difficult to find exterior outlets to stop and charge at. And the panel works well. But I did get my pass sanitaire approved so i should be able to go into libraries now should i ever pass one when it's open.

Social life wise, I do have some people to meet, one from fairytrail (virtually), two from bumble IRL. But I'm not sure whether those can go anywhere. They do help me unglue myself from the phone though and motivate me to take care of some basic life maintenance tasks though (swimming, shaving, laundry, exercise). But I seem complacent in my hermitness at the moment. I guess because the phone game (crypto markets) I've been playing seems compelling. Or because I see little way of joining forces with any of these people. But i have some hope that interacting with them could lead to a better life than not doing so.

The landscape is fascinating. I'll give it that. It is far more richly varied in geologic form and human interaction with it than many I've been able to move through. In addition there are many public paths so it actually is possible to move through quite a bit of it.

It's fig season still. So at least some food is free on the trees. But i usually try to stop by a Lidl or an Aldi each day if possible. Though I did get some jamón from a farm stand once.

20211002_170538.jpg

A living fountain.
20211003_151647.jpg

French beauties.
20210928_173015.jpg

Just another scene from the road.

Maybe I'll write again once I make it to Italy? Though getting through Marseille should give me some things to say as well.

Until then.

Last edited:
  • Love It
Reactions: ali and Barf

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads