Ninja 250s

cport420

Reaction score
I've got a second gen. I take it any where. And I do mean anywhere. Goes over 100mph if needed. I ride at 90mph frequently. 50-70mpg. was like 75.00 a year for insurance. I double me and my girl with no probs. just wanted to let ppl know its a cheap form of transportation that gets gas milage like a scooter but can travel highways. He'll one could get gas here and there and easily travel cross county. Holds like 5 gals of fuel. 300 miles a tank highway doin 65 mph. Cheap parts. Solid bike.

cport420

Reaction score
one I got was around 2 stacks. Its around 5 years old. Had I think round 3500 miles on it. Some chick had it in her garage sitting. Kawasaki came out with the 300r this year so 2nd gen bikes will get nothing but cheaper.

I've rode some sort of dirt bike/motorcycle since the first grade. Raced motorcross. Had a YZF600r for a while ended up selling it before I thrashed my leg. Also owned a few scooters in the past. But Ive never owned kawasaki anything being mostly a yamaha person with both dirt and street. And after the cops started to hassle me on my old zuma 50 scooter I sold it and got the 250 ninja.

I've really put this bike through the tests. Only had to change the oil and plug a hole in the back tire since I put 4000 miles on it. I would love to put knobbies on the back to make it more stable on trails.

cport420

Reaction score
Also I've footed,road bicycles, and had cars. Walking sucks most of the time. Also eats up time. Bikes are better than walking. I hate cars they cost way too much to ride around and insurance is a bitch to pay monthly. Also you can't push a car when it breaks down.I kinda found the most simplistic form of transportation I could that doesn't cost much to maintain/run that will hold up.

Reactions: YamahaTraveler

cport420

Reaction score
Something I've been thinking of also doing if I was to sell or lose the bike is attach a 4-stroke weed eater engine to a bicycle. Using a friction drive system on the back tire. You can even use the back brake as a throttle cable if you wanted too. Could be taken apart and thrown on the greyhound. Or in the back of a truck while hitching. Or just ride that fucker to where ever.

AlyKat

Reaction score
ninjettes are absolutely everywhere. super abundant, very well documented (ninja250.org forum), cheap parts that are easy to come by, easy maintenance. there is a reason the model didn't receive much in the way of changes over more than the decade it was out. if it ain't broke...

they are stupid cheap as a standard, but since the 300 came out like it was said above, they are only getting cheaper. also. they are fun! not too many bikes you can rag on full throttle. bigger bikes would have you on the ground wondering what happened. the ninja is very forgiving. the quintessential beginner's bike, while still being extremely fun for the seasoned rider looking to push the limits. it also has a huge following in production races, road racing, and commuting. it's an absolute steal what you get at the cost. i see them all the time in the 1200 to 1600 range. another awesome point is that they hold their value well. they have been at that price for the last 8 years or so. if you need to sell or decide that riding isn't for you, you can typically get your money back - sometimes even more.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads