Niland, ca

daydreamer

Reaction score
This might be the wrong place to post this. If so, sorry!

I was wondering if anybody knows if it's legal to live in an RV on a lot in Niland? Like, say I buy an empty lot, can I park an RV there permanently? I tried calling realtors but they never answer, and I looked for some kind of agency or town hall but not having much luck. I even googled niland zoning and got so much gobbledygook that my head is spinning.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

LeeenPocket

Reaction score
There are definitely lots in Niland with trailers but it's super depressing. It's a serious shithole unless you like meth. The north won't have anywhere that you can stay long term. 2 week limit on most places. But if you're willing to pay to live in Niland you could pay for a lot literally anywhere and be better off than in the freaking desert.

Have you been there? I'm just wondering because I can't imagine anyone paying to stay in Niland.

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
There are definitely lots in Niland with trailers but it's super depressing. It's a serious shithole unless you like meth.

Sounds great, I LOVE meth!!!! <3

But seriously, I know that most of california, mainly southern, has hardcore building codes that will not allow you to permanently live in an RV, unless you are building a permanent structure (i.e. a house) while you are there.

The up side to that is that land is EXTREMELY cheap, and the code enforcement officers don't come around often.

I'M talking $5k for 40 acres here, cheap....

I need to get down to the slabs and meet some people...so fucking sheltered on the road for the most part, always afraid yo go to the slabs in fear of getting my shit jacked.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads