Newbie nomad / rubber tramp here - four months in! | Squat the Planet

Newbie nomad / rubber tramp here - four months in!

RogueBubbles

Reaction score
Hey there! I've been lurking this site for years now dreaming of the freedoms of living on the road and in July of this year I finally took the leap. My partner and I sold or gifted away most of our belongings, left our home in Portland, Oregon, and hit the road in our 93 Chevy Van after doing a very minimalistic build inside her. We built a queen size bed platform that pretty much takes up the whole van, but we have a lot of storage beneath the bed for all of the essentials. Our mattress is a wonderful wool futon mattress that was free Our "kitchen is in the rear. Simple two burner propane stove, folding table, wash basin, 5 gallon spigot jug and a bin full of food + a 55 Qt. Lifetime brand cooler (it's basically the Walmart knock off Yeti).
We slowly made our way south and east through Oregon, then through Idaho, South through Nevada, and now we are spending some time in Las Vegas, NV. We spent 11 days on the Mojave desert, then returned to the neon splendor of Vegas, and now we're kind of parked here until I get some medical care underway. It feels weird to be in the same place for so long!
Next stop is Borrego Springs, CA for "Burning Van" then spending the rest of the cold months in AZ.
Anyone else here planning on Wintering down in Quartzite, AZ this year? Or going to Burning Van?
Love to all fellow nomads out there.
-Bubbles

Fat Betty

Reaction score
I
Hey there! I've been lurking this site for years now dreaming of the freedoms of living on the road and in July of this year I finally took the leap. My partner and I sold or gifted away most of our belongings, left our home in Portland, Oregon, and hit the road in our 93 Chevy Van after doing a very minimalistic build inside her. We built a queen size bed platform that pretty much takes up the whole van, but we have a lot of storage beneath the bed for all of the essentials. Our mattress is a wonderful wool futon mattress that was free Our "kitchen is in the rear. Simple two burner propane stove, folding table, wash basin, 5 gallon spigot jug and a bin full of food + a 55 Qt. Lifetime brand cooler (it's basically the Walmart knock off Yeti).
We slowly made our way south and east through Oregon, then through Idaho, South through Nevada, and now we are spending some time in Las Vegas, NV. We spent 11 days on the Mojave desert, then returned to the neon splendor of Vegas, and now we're kind of parked here until I get some medical care underway. It feels weird to be in the same place for so long!
Next stop is Borrego Springs, CA for "Burning Van" then spending the rest of the cold months in AZ.
Anyone e

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads