Newbie from Pittsburgh

Pronk

Reaction score
Hey. I'm a 29 year old trans guy living in the city. I have a job but I'm not making much, and I'm getting sick of struggling to live here. I am working on building a truck camper, I want to do a lot of traveling through the country over the next few years.

I went to art college in San Francisco years ago and I really miss the city. Also want to spend a lot of time alone in the wilderness. Not really a social person, to be frank.

I'm pretty new to this, though I'm not new to couch surfing or being homeless. I'm really adamant on being self sufficient more than anything.

Not sure how well I will fit in here, I'm not necessarily doing this for ideological reasons (to each his own though). Just hoping to get to know some nomads so I can learn a few things. People in my life think I'm nuts for wanting to live in a truck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: glowbug

xeperu

Reaction score
Welcome! It's nice to see other trans guys on here. At the moment I'm back on the opposite side of the state from you and planning my next adventures, too. I was in a pretty similar situation. I was just barely paying bills and couldn't really see the point of slaving away my time and energy just to live.

Do you have any idea where you want to travel? I kinda try to make a circuit and end up back where my doc is to get blood tests, etc. once a year.

Pronk

Reaction score
I want to go back and visit SF for a few weeks, and make my way up to Portland to see what all the fuss is about (I know so many people who want to move there). Also want to spend a lot of time alone in the wilderness. Mountains in Montana, Colorado, desert in New Mexico, and the high desert while I'm in Oregon.

Also, I'm a furry and I want to be able to go to a bunch of cons next year. Only ever been to Anthrocon. Which I love. I'll always make my way back here just for that.

Reactions: VikingAdventurer

Pronk

Reaction score
For sure! I will be posting WIP pics of the truck camper once I get started, just slowly gathering supplies for now. It will be part art studio since that's how I plan on making money on the road.

D

Deleted member 9462

hey! welcome to the site! i am also from pittsburgh. what part of the city are you in? i am really into vehicle dwelling and squatting and basically anything that involves traveling/ not paying rent.

would love to meet up and chat if you are interested!

Pronk

Reaction score
hey! welcome to the site! i am also from pittsburgh. what part of the city are you in? i am really into vehicle dwelling and squatting and basically anything that involves traveling/ not paying rent.

would love to meet up and chat if you are interested!
Sure! Sent you a PM.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads