Newb to StP. Hello from the oregon coast.

veiled rages

Reaction score
Hey gang, I'm Fjara.

Was introduced to StP by an old friend when I almost got myself stranded in Wisconsin earlier this month. I'm really thankful for this forum & have been looking thru the archives.

I just went from OR to WI to NM & now back to OR in the last month. I'm in a pretty solid 'don't know what the fuck I'm doing' head space rn.

I live alone in my van & I've been squatting the Northern Oregon coast range for the last few years. Being homeless (w/ vehicle) in the woods of the PNW thru winter made me realize real quick that staying dry in this region is what it's all about.

So there is a bit about me, and I want to put myself out there as someone who has been in this area for a while & I'm hella open to being there for anyone who might be looking for advice or have any questions about the oregon coast. Ask, email or message me any time & I'll help if I can. (Contact info in my bio.)

Thanks for the welcome. Stay dangerous, y'all.

Scat

Global Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
roaddogs.cfw.me
Hey there, hope the coast is treating you well! Oregon is an awesome place, but it does only have two seasons - rain & fire. Stay dry out there. If you head more inland at any point, hmu. Might be able to lend a hand somehow. Best regards.

Editing in to say my bday is a day after yours, fun fact.

Last edited:
Reactions: veiled rages

veiled rages

Reaction score
Birthday friend! Thank you for reaching out & for the offer of possible help in the future.

I adore what I've seen of central & so Oregon, & I make a point to go out there once a season & stay for a while.

I'm planning on remaining on the coast through summer to go to school, but I was heavily considering moving that plan to a cc in central Oregon. I chose to remain here instead because I do have some network of friends, knowledge of places to park, etc.... while in central I don't know anyone.

So there's a good chance I will relocate inland next year. I love the high desert, and west cascades is a tough place for me to winter in a van.

Reactions: Scat

Coyote Red

Reaction score
Use to kick it up and down the coast mainly Yachats, Newport, Manzanita and Seaside. Use to be easy to stealth camp and busk and one year I got my pup and started getting messed with by cougars lol. I've been thinking of heading back out that way due to a less than desirable living situation in Eugene. Any advice on the lay of the land out there would be cool. I've seen the coast get blown up over years was wondering how it is these days.

Reactions: veiled rages

veiled rages

Reaction score
Use to kick it up and down the coast mainly Yachats, Newport, Manzanita and Seaside. Use to be easy to stealth camp and busk and one year I got my pup and started getting messed with by cougars lol. I've been thinking of heading back out that way due to a less than desirable living situation in Eugene. Any advice on the lay of the land out there would be cool. I've seen the coast get blown up over years was wondering how it is these days.

Hi! I can't speak to Yachats & Newport, but the other two I frequent. There's still cougars, bears & coyotes & the latter 2 are seen in the smaller towns sometimes, due to more folks coming in & pushing them out of the hills.

The coast has indeed blown up. The tourist season is very drastic. It'll be easier to stealth camp, or get away with not being harassed in general, in the on season. The cops r losing the war on folks sleeping in cars, cuz it's quickly becoming more common due to poverty. SO many sprinter vans here now. Manz is still trying to maintain its 'image' & most residents r still rich enough to make the cops run u off if you're on foot. Manz doesn't want to face that it has homeless residents. It would be dead for busking in the winter. Good summer farm work area tho!

Seaside would much better for year round busk. There is a homeless shelter there now, put together by a chill dude who lives in a bus. Seaside can't hide its poverty & there's more acceptance & community surrounding it there. Much more afordable than the Manz area.

I could go on & on so if you want me to get into anything more specific, just ask or message. I'm sorry to hear about your troubles in Eugene.

Reactions: Coyote Red

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads