New to Traveler culture, help needed.

burntorange66

Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is Darby, I'm from Louisville Kentucky and that's me in the pic (old picture, about 2 years). So I've been couch surfing for about 2-3 years because I've been completely broke and could bit afford my own place. I busted my ass at dead end minimum wage jobs that treated me like dog shit, I have no car or drivers license, no house, no money, currently stuck In Danville KY trying to get out. Anyway, so after long deep thinking over decided to pick up the travel lifestyle..I'm young still (19 almost 20) and I should enjoy life instead of dreading it like I currently have been. I am looking for advice (LOTS of advice), maybe later down the road some traveler companions. I saw the book Matt wrote called the anarchist
Guide to travel and I'm going to order that and read it. Thank you so much for your time

noothgrush

Reaction score
those dead end minimum wage jobs can help you get some cash together to keep on moving down the road sometimes. they use you, you use them. sometimes capitalism is great.

Reactions: Marc ebach67

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
thanks for taking a look at my book, you'll find many of the resources in it spread out over this website, but it's probably the best source if you want all that information in one place :)

take a look around StP and ask any questions you need, and don't forget to use the search! we're all here for you if you need anything!

Ezra Fyre

Reaction score
I love questions :-D ... & will do my damndest to answer or find answers to most shit... Feel free to ask - anything that wont get you or ME banned from this site... I like it here! Lol... So, check out the super fucking helpful Den Of The Banned & read what got others in shit here - so ya don't make the same oopses :) & then, ask away, if you want. :)

D

Deleted member 23824

Darby, if you are able, before you leave your home state, see if you can get a state issued identification card, even if you don’t have their drivers license. At least here in California, things will go much smoother. Good luck, wish I could do what you’re about to do.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads