New to STP and the community | Squat the Planet

New to STP and the community

rexmanningday

Reaction score
Hey all,
I'm Ben. I live in Austin, Texas at the moment. I am beginning to convert a van into a camper and hitting the road. While that is a bit in the future, I've been lurking the site on and off for a few years mostly reading shit and whatnot.

I have been pretty fascinated by train hopping as a means of travel, van travel, and fixer-upper sail boats for a while. I'm into music, movies, and graffiti, mostly growing up on punk music. Anyway, thanks for the hospitality.

D

Deleted member 23824

Welcome. The owner of StP also is in Austin, and I think is maybe working on a van, or in the process of obtaining one. He’ll likely reach out to you.

Heck, before you know it, you’ll be taking vacations together, and your kids will be on the same sports teams, you’ll be running into each other at cocktail parties, etc.::hungry::

rexmanningday

Reaction score
Welcome. The owner of StP also is in Austin, and I think is maybe working on a van, or in the process of obtaining one. He’ll likely reach out to you.

Heck, before you know it, you’ll be taking vacations together, and your kids will be on the same sports teams, you’ll be running into each other at cocktail parties, etc.::hungry::
Thanks!

D

Deleted member 29411

yo , good luck on your conversions even if it's in the future ! What's the make and model of the van if you don't mind me asking,, is it a newer sprinter or something more old school?

rexmanningday

Reaction score
yo , good luck on your conversions even if it's in the future ! What's the make and model of the van if you don't mind me asking,, is it a newer sprinter or something more old school?
Its a 1992 Ram 2500 Van. It's in pretty decent condition but doesn't run. We've started stripping out the interior. I forgot an external pic, but here is the inside:
van1.jpg

So far, we've just yanked out the interior chairs and got the back door working again. Next up is strip the windows and carpet which we'll probably tackle this weekend.

Reactions: Crazy Hobo Johnny

Crazy Hobo Johnny

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Welcome to StP!!!

My goal right now within a two year period from now is to purchased a used van and make a camper out of it. I got the $$$ to buy one but just doing the waiting and planning game because anything can change from now into the future.

Again, Welcome to the Community!!! Good Luck!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
@rexmanningday as mentioned, I too am in Austin, send me a PM if you want to hang out or chat.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads