new to site, hitting the road again to-?

klaaayyyy

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm Klay. I just stumbled on to this forum the other day and decided to make an account too. I've spent the past five years living in my van and roaming around, and after spending the fall working back in Canada I'm hitting the road again. A few years ago I ended up in southern Arizona, mostly Bisbee area. I was living in the desert outside of town building earth ships for food boxes. I met the coolest people I've probably ever met. That moment seems done and gone - mostly everyone has moved on to somewhere else - but I'm heading south again hoping to find a similar vibe, in a different place.

So any insight into offbeat towns where like-minded people show up would be hella cool.

Nice to meet y'all :giggle:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm Klay. I just stumbled on to this forum the other day and decided to make an account too. I've spent the past five years living in my van and roaming around, and after spending the fall working back in Canada I'm hitting the road again. A few years ago I ended up in southern Arizona, mostly Bisbee area. I was living in the desert outside of town building earth ships for food boxes. I met the coolest people I've probably ever met. That moment seems done and gone - mostly everyone has moved on to somewhere else - but I'm heading south again hoping to find a similar vibe, in a different place.

So any insight into offbeat towns where like-minded people show up would be hella cool.

Nice to meet y'all :giggle:

Quartzite AZ!

Slab city is about to be overrun by gov fucks trying to set up a lithium mine down there so hit it up while you can.

Pahrump NV has a bunch of travelers usually.
🤙🏼

MxEx

Reaction score
If ya wander to the east coast, send me a message. I don't know of any honeyholes over here or good van dwelling spots, but have a place in southern w.va to house people up

butterbean

Reaction score
Welcome. Tucson has some cool stuff .so does Phoenix. I'm in AZ currently and you make it out here I can send some recommendations

hey i just left tucson but could be heading back, what do you recommend? i spent two weeks camping on a mountain over in tanque verde, and hit up a few food not bombs distributions, but other than that tucson depressed me a little bit

synchronizedviolence

I love my Hot Wife!!!
Reaction score
hey i just left tucson but could be heading back, what do you recommend? i spent two weeks camping on a mountain over in tanque verde, and hit up a few food not bombs distributions, but other than that tucson depressed me a little bit

Yea tucson is depressing... food not bombs is cool and over by Tanque Verde is pretty neat I've spent a lot of time up at Mount Lemmon and time out on BLM land

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads