New Starbucks policy: No purchase needed to sit in cafes | Squat the Planet

New Starbucks policy: No purchase needed to sit in cafes

Skit

Reaction score
D

Deleted member 125

i read about this a few days ago and couldnt help but think that every single store isnt gonna be following this new policy.

Jarlmp55

Previously WestCoastTravler
Reaction score
I just order some coffee cake and spend hours in there charging my phone and messing around on my laptop. They have never said anything to me, but cool I do not have to spend the cash on the cake anymore =)

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Reaction score
couldnt help but think that every single store isnt gonna be following this new policy.

That or there will be a lot more Starbucks stores calling the cops on folks.

Ideally they'd install sharps disposals boxes in bathrooms since people already shoot up in their bathrooms and employees can get pricked by dirty rigs. Too bad an international corporation like Starbucks would never approve that because they wouldn't want to appear to condone drug use.

• Useful
Reactions: Odin
D

Deleted member 125

That or there will be a lot more Starbucks stores calling the cops on folks.

Ideally they'd install sharps disposals boxes in bathrooms since people already shoot up in their bathrooms and employees can get pricked by dirty rigs. Too bad an international corporation like Starbucks would never approve that because they wouldn't want to appear to condone drug use.

im with you on public sharps containers. people are gonna shoot dope. period. and having non safe places for them to put needles is just as big of a problem as addiction. as someone whos dealt alot with possibly contaminated needles i can say having sharps containers put in places where people already use drugs is a no brainer when it comes to the safety of people taking out trash/cleaning bathrooms/clearing tables all that shit.

Anton

Reaction score
Yes , I just read about that a few hours ago. Now I won't have to get a cup out of the trash sneak in and get those strange looks and whispers from the employees ... " did that guy order something ? dunno ,I guess so he does have a cup , yea he must have , humm ??? " lol

• Haha
Reactions: MolotovMocktail

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I just order some coffee cake and spend hours in there charging my phone and messing around on my laptop. They have never said anything to me, but cool I do not have to spend the cash on the cake anymore =)

Not sure about that... seems like they are open to anyone "use" the washroom but correct me if I'm wrong they did not say someone can just walk in and Chill all day using the outlets without a purchase??

Also... I'm not a big fan of starbucks or anything... indifferent really but if I had a place and you came in every day for a week straight without a purchase and used the electricity and just fucked around...

I'd... well I'd see if you need help first and all that jazz...

but if you took advantage of the kindness for too long... say a month ...I might start wondering this homebum is just wack... lol

then I'd go make a coffee no sugar no cream black and go back to my conspiracy sites. Unfortunately I would not be open for buisness long. lol

Jarlmp55

Previously WestCoastTravler
Reaction score
I have been doing this for the last three weeks while helping my sister take care of a few things here in S.D. On my free time I spend 2-3 hours a day there, tend to blend in with the crowd. I would not spend all day there that's just insane, would be noticed in seconds.

• Useful
Reactions: Odin

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads