New Here

Ape

Reaction score
My name is Jason, Traveling name is Ape obviously. Before I started traveling I was pretty much a homebum for like ten years before I randomly decided to say fuck it and go to Maine. Once there I was two months away from turning 28 and had at this point been homeless my entire adult life.. Takes a toll on you after a while. Well I got my shit together in Maine and got a place to live and a source of income. Around this time it was October of 2011 when the Occupy movements began to spring up all over the place. And me being me I pretty much don't like any type of authority. So I walked out of a 3 bedroom apartment with nothing but a laptop clothes a sleeping bag and some other gear. Didn't know shit about shit. Had no plans just wanted my voice to be heard about how messed up this country is. Well Traveling along the East Coast I met some okay people and some pretty Shwag onces. Got to Atlanta and the kids I was with wanted to go to the Ocala Rainbow Gathering. I had no clue what the hell a rainbow gathering was so I looked it up. And truth be told bunch of multi cultured people in the woods getting along sounded great to me. So I went and I had a blast. After that I hitch hiked from Florida all the way to Venice Beach with some people I had met in the gathering. About a week after hitting Cali I spread my wings and went solo. Hitched to Denver and sold my laptop and rubber tramped it back to Tn to go to the National Gathering. Which was alright, But after going for so long and not stopping to rest I became tired and more aggro. So I left the gathering and went off once again to do my own thing once again. In my Travels I started in Maine went to Florida, To Cali, To Denver, To Tn, To Iowa, To DC, Back to Maine, To, NC, To Cali again, then up the west Coast,Got to Washington last year in May and stopped traveling., Got housed up again cut all the dreads off and taking care of stuff I needed to get done like Dental and Glasses which I just got. Next goal is to get a liscense and a ride of my own and see what happens from there.

Thorne

Stuck and stagnant
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.houselessnothomeless.org
The best trips are always the spontaneous ones.

Welcome to the nut house. There are a lot of awesome people here with a collective knowledge of traveling that I believe is unmatched. And everyone is pretty nice too.

Thorne

Reactions: Ape

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads