New Here...

Tony

Reaction score
Not sure exactly what im trying to find here...but i guess possible adventure and stories to share, which an area i have been lacking in for the last 8 months, I think the about me section on my profile will kind of give everybody some insight on what im going through...and maybe some of you a similar situation. Glad to be here, and see this community online, just found out about this site fairly recently and felt id join for the hell of it, and see where things lead me :)

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Welcome friend, let me know if you have any questions!

Reactions: Tony

Placebo

Reaction score
hey man

just read yer profile info, and I see you enjoyed travelin in the Pacific NW and Alaska. I'm actually gonna be goin @ BC, north of Vancouver. Anything interesting I should know about the region? I hope to venture out a little bit, maybe go to Alaska. I dont know yet, though.

sounds like you feel the road is calling you back but yer considering to have a career in trucking, too. security/stability or freedom. one of the most important decisions for us, nowadays, it seems. personally, i've decided for the latter. because I'm able to find security in my freedom, but i haven't been able to find any freedom in security.
;)

Reactions: Tony

Tony

Reaction score
There we go...thats what i was looking for...your a breath of fresh air! Well, if you want any info about Alaska, i can help you out for sure..B.C. was a rush for me! I stopped where i wanted, but did not venture off to far from the West Access Route, as i was going broke! Gas is very expensive there for your information. I crossed the border with barely anything for Canadian currency but nonetheless an amazing adventure with just myself, The Milepost i do recommend, its mainly for Alaska, but had some good info about the routes i took all the way down, for hiking, lakes, areas to sight see...etc. Its the bible of the North.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads