new here! looking for advice

aaru

Reaction score
hey--- my name is aaru & i'll be heading all around texas. don't really know where i'm heading/what i'm doing, but i'm also not looking for anything. just trying to live a bit more off the grid, not as intrinsically tied to the metropolis among other drifters. college graduate, rather useless now, + the debt. i am trying to go on 'sanyaas', minus the bullshit abt gender, tradition, etc. i guess i write & read a ton- scholarship & research are sweeter outside oppressive academia. i'm political- anarchy / communism are big for me. always & forever will be trying to decolonize my mind & resist the imperial core / nationalism.

always looking for comrades, always looking for friends.

interested in squatting around texas, working for $ in cities, and finding communes & communities along the way. idk how feasible, but y'all let me know. feels weird to leave texas-it's the only home i've known thus far. but colorado seems nice. and new mexico.

LuckyMinnie

Reaction score
hey--- my name is aaru & i'll be heading all around texas. don't really know where i'm heading/what i'm doing, but i'm also not looking for anything. just trying to live a bit more off the grid, not as intrinsically tied to the metropolis among other drifters. college graduate, rather useless now, + the debt. i am trying to go on 'sanyaas', minus the bullshit abt gender, tradition, etc. i guess i write & read a ton- scholarship & research are sweeter outside oppressive academia. i'm political- anarchy / communism are big for me. always & forever will be trying to decolonize my mind & resist the imperial core / nationalism.

always looking for comrades, always looking for friends.

interested in squatting around texas, working for $ in cities, and finding communes & communities along the way. idk how feasible, but y'all let me know. feels weird to leave texas-it's the only home i've known thus far. but colorado seems nice. and new mexico.
If you want to decolonize your mind, leave Texas. Not that there's anything wrong with Texas. I love my state. But I don't see how you are going to expand your mental horizons without first expanding your physical horizons. I traveled almost everywhere in the US when I was younger and I wouldn't trade my experiences, both good and bad, for the world. You've got to get out there.

• Love It
  • Useful
Reactions: Odin and MFB

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
austin has some stuff worth visiting. we have an anarchist bookstore/infoshop and an anarchist run thrift store (although that might be close right now because of covid19) it's also a beautiful city, but things are obviously weird right now with the pandemic and all.

check out the travel guide i wrote about it here:

and if you come through, let me know and I'll buy you a coffee and see if i can introduce you to some people.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
don't really know where i'm heading/what i'm doing, but i'm also not looking for anything

Honest, I think what you said there truly defines travel... in some ways Travel is not just moving your body to a new physical location... it is a state of mind just as well.

Good luck.

Reactions: LuckyMinnie

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads