New here hoping to meet fellow travelers and get advise | Squat the Planet

New here hoping to meet fellow travelers and get advise

planetraveler

Reaction score
Recent Veteran here. Hoping to take off soon from DC/Northern Va to Brevard County , FL for about three weeks then to Ft. Lauderdale (escaping the freeze). My ultimate goal is head west to San Diego and would love a good partner to tag along and share in the adventure along the way west.

- Brotha Plane Traveler

Reaction score
Recent Veteran here. Hoping to take off soon from DC/Northern Va to Brevard County , FL for about three weeks then to Ft. Lauderdale (escaping the freeze). My ultimate goal is head west to San Diego and would love a good partner to tag along and share in the adventure along the way west.

- Brotha Plane Traveler
What's up brother?

Reactions: planetraveler
D

Deleted member 20065

- Brotha Plane Traveler

Hey bro I'm in Tampa Florida and plan on heading to San Diego in about 3-4 weeks as well. If you want hit me up once you get to FL and we can link up. I have a truck I'm thinking about driving West but not sure last time I tried it broke down in Texas.

planetraveler

Reaction score
Hey bro I'm in Tampa Florida and plan on heading to San Diego in about 3-4 weeks as well. If you want hit me up once you get to FL and we can link up. I have a truck I'm thinking about driving West but not sure last time I tried it broke down in Texas.

Very cool Bro. I liked what I saw of Tampa a few years back. I’ll be bouncing around the Melbourne/Viera VA trying to get some resources. Staying with a mix of family/friends for 2-3 weeks. Would love to tag along to San Diego. Will get some resources prior to heading out. Let me know when if/when you plan to take off Bro.

Would suck to get stuck in East Texas...just saying, lol.

D

Deleted member 20065

Very cool Bro. I liked what I saw of Tampa a few years back. I’ll be bouncing around the Melbourne/Viera VA trying to get some resources. Staying with a mix of family/friends for 2-3 weeks. Would love to tag along to San Diego. Will get some resources prior to heading out. Let me know when if/when you plan to take off Bro.

Would suck to get stuck in East Texas...just saying, lol.

Ya man, if I do take my truck and it breaks down I'm willing to leave it and keep going, couldn't do that last time had my pup with me and needed my truck. Won't and don't this time.

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Lol, there seems to be a mass exodus out of Florida at the moment. Good luck out there!

planetraveler

Reaction score
Ya man, if I do take my truck and it breaks down I'm willing to leave it and keep going, couldn't do that last time had my pup with me and needed my truck. Won't and don't this time.

Hey man, I’d be up for it. There’s always a train or a loves truck stop for hitching with a sympathetic trucker. At the very least I’d be an adventure to say the least. Not much I can ask for at the moment, lol.

planetraveler

Reaction score
Lol, there seems to be a mass exodus out of Florida at the moment. Good luck out there!

Thanks man. I can only wonder why, lol. The state has been and becoming increasingly hard on its underserved and/or unsheltered for awhile. It no place to get stuck that’s for sure. Few nooks with nuggets here and there. I’m only garunteed shelter for a few weeks. Will hit the VA, regroup and head west.

Reactions: Coywolf

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Thanks man. I can only wonder why, lol. The state has been and becoming increasingly hard on its underserved and/or unsheltered for awhile. It no place to get stuck that’s for sure. Few nooks with nuggets here and there. I’m only garunteed shelter for a few weeks. Will hit the VA, regroup and head west.

As a vet you should never have to worry about acquiring services in this country, the fact than many do is fucking appalling. Good luck brother.

BusGypsy

Reaction score
Man, be safe in SD. I'm from there and left a few years ago. They broke up all the cool gypsy kids in Ocean Beach, there's people beating up homeless, I knew I homeless guy who got blugeoned to death with a steel pipe, and they're taking toilets from homeless. Hope there's some friendlier places. I'd say stick with North County; Encinitas, Leucadia, Cardiff. near OB is a great Hare Krishna temple too.

• Agree
Reactions: rando

planetraveler

Reaction score
Man, be safe in SD. I'm from there and left a few years ago. They broke up all the cool gypsy kids in Ocean Beach, there's people beating up homeless, I knew I homeless guy who got blugeoned to death with a steel pipe, and they're taking toilets from homeless. Hope there's some friendlier places. I'd say stick with North County; Encinitas, Leucadia, Cardiff. near OB is a great Hare Krishna temple too.

Hey man, that sucks. I did hear of a rash of beatings out there. Just awful anyway you put it. I’ll definitely make my way to North County as it seems to better start off point for all the reason you mentioned. Also, looking forward to checking out Hare Krishna temple. Hoping to find a cool collective of like minded traveler types out there. Not sure how that’ll work. but thanks for all the advice Brother!

Reactions: BusGypsy

Prophetess333

Reaction score

- Brotha Plane Traveler

Brevard County, i used to live there! There's a lot going on for homeless vets yet there's also some folks to watch out for (it's kinda specific) It depends on what your thing is i guess.
Are you familiar with Brevard? If not, just message me on here and i can give you details. Used to be dava there & had wrote up a list of soup kitchens/ free foods for the DAV.
There are some really chill houseless people there I'll never forget

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads