New guy on the block in need of some help...

TAZALA WA MAWATH

Reaction score
Website
blurukus88.tumblr.com
What's up, the name's TAZALA WA MAWATH, I'm a freelance illustrator (pen-name: BLU-RUKUS), and as of September 10, was evicted from my family home of 9 years and am currently homeless in Atlantic City, NJ. I've been trying to make things work out since the month of October, but every effort I've made to either find employment or make some significant monetary gain seems to be squandered. My main concern at the moment is to find shelter, however, for infestation reasons, I'm avoiding the homeless shelters here like the plague, so whatever help I can get regarding shelter would be appreciated. I'm also taking commissions at the moment, so message me if y'all need something.

BLURUKUS88 @ TUMBLR
BLURUKUS88 @ INSTA

Thank you for reading and thanks for any help provided

javital

Reaction score
Lol I think Juan kinda has a point, but it's kinda beside the main point.
Some advice that might actually be more helpful, is to do what I'm probably going to have to do this weekend because it's cloudy with a chance of iceballs outside, is to find any post office with public lock boxes. I almost forgot someone told me that they stay open 24hrs to give unlimited access to your belongings, but it's a safe place to stay warm for the evening, albeit very litted, but a toboggan pulled over your eyes beats that.
There's always a chance cops could come ask you to leave, but I've slept in one before, and mostly the only person that's gonna disturb you is the morning janitor that'll wake u up alil before 8am, before the office opens. Other than that, if you can scrap up 20/night usually, you can usually find a hostel, and if you don t have that, but up a plasma bank--long as you have your ID & Soc. Card, and proof of even your former address, you can stand to make a quick $250 after like 4 visits. Good luck bro, I've been & still am there, but we'll survive.

Reactions: TAZALA WA MAWATH

Jackthereaper

Reaction score
Lol I think Juan kinda has a point, but it's kinda beside the main point.
Some advice that might actually be more helpful, is to do what I'm probably going to have to do this weekend because it's cloudy with a chance of iceballs outside, is to find any post office with public lock boxes. I almost forgot someone told me that they stay open 24hrs to give unlimited access to your belongings, but it's a safe place to stay warm for the evening, albeit very litted, but a toboggan pulled over your eyes beats that.
There's always a chance cops could come ask you to leave, but I've slept in one before, and mostly the only person that's gonna disturb you is the morning janitor that'll wake u up alil before 8am, before the office opens. Other than that, if you can scrap up 20/night usually, you can usually find a hostel, and if you don t have that, but up a plasma bank--long as you have your ID & Soc. Card, and proof of even your former address, you can stand to make a quick $250 after like 4 visits. Good luck bro, I've been & still am there, but we'll survive.
Check the hours online. Big cities will have 24hr but even some decently sized college town po box areas close at 5pm sadly.
*edited for lack of a proofread

TAZALA WA MAWATH

Reaction score
Website
blurukus88.tumblr.com
Appreciate the help from everyone so far, forgot to mention, I'm currently moving around with someone who's been helping me out, but things have been tough for us out here. Anyone here from AC who could help out in this situation? Donations are also accepted, if you'd be willing to help out (just message me for info). Also putting out there again that I'm currently accepting commissions and doing $15 sketches to help out my situation.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads