New From Texas

D

Deleted member 20

Welcome to STP.

I prefer the simple life and looking forward to retiring like that.

Be careful of planning too far in the future. Tomorrow is not promised. If there is a way to build yourself a sort of hybrid life of freedom & stability. That is what I do. I try to exist & be as true to me nomadic inner most self as much as possible but with a disabled wife who is a homebody (nontraveler & very much stationary) & a school age daughter & adult son; I have to keep things in perspective. I am not a young carefree kid anymore who just blows with the wind. I am a grown up but I am just a grownup version of me, i resist mainstream society, do not participate in capitalism & believe in the illusion of the American Dream. I have stuff but I dont own shit as far as assets or property butwe do have a car that is ours & we have rented the same cheap apt for the last 10 years.

Ho old are you? I too wonder where I will be in a few decades & how I will live, travel & exist. That all being said, I still get in the wind when I can & travel between 20k-30k miles a year, work when I want & appreciate the home life that I have & all the regional & cross country travel that I get to do.

What kinda promotions do you do? Like product promotions? Liquor? Sampling? that sort of stuff?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads