New but not

ElNino

Reaction score
I joined the site a year ago to meet some people to help me catch a freight train for the first time, but haven't done much socializing on here since. I'm about to get out of my town again, so figured now is as good a time as any to start.
Hello hoppers and squatters and everybody else! How's your month of May going?

Traveler

Reaction score
It'll probably be done by the end of the day, then back to hot and humid tomorrow. Which is fine because I plan on heading north real soon.

Traveler

Reaction score
Well, my first stop is just east of Waco a little bit, to do some camping in the hill country. Then after a little time there I'm going to work my way to Colorado, where exactly I'm not sure yet. All cycling most likely. How about you, what're your summer plans?

ElNino

Reaction score
Waco, Texas? I hear a lot about Colorado, haven't been there myself yet but was considering going there. I'm about to leave Cincinnati to go up to Chicago then down the east coast, across the south then up the west coast. Maybe Colorado on the way back to Ohio. Hitching, though, not cycling.

Charlie

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
ElNino, have fun on your trip. That sounds like a pretty ambitious hitchhike trip. I would be jealous, but I'm preparing for my own ambitions journey. May's turning out to be beautiful here in Washington. I don't know how rainy Seattle is, but east side of the Cascades is gorgeous, 80's and sunny.

I hope you post something in the story section of the forums, I really enjoy reading those since I can't travel currently w/ school.

ElNino

Reaction score
Thanks, Charlie! You're lucky you've got sunshine right now, the rain is awful where I'm at and I'm definitely not looking forward to the rainy weather on my trip. What sort of ambitious journey are you preparing for?

Charlie

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
We get around 300 days of sunshine per year (Seattle gets 300 days of rain). I'm studying music. I figure if I'm going to be a hobo I might as well do it right and play guitar well. Lol, actually, I've gone hitchhiking and road tripping a few times and each time, I would get into situations where I needed money (even as much as I didn't want to rely on it), for gas or a bus ticket or whatever and I really enjoy playing music, but I'm not very good at it, so I'm studying music and anything else to better prepare myself for being homeless. I'll go on a road trip this next winter and I plan to play gigs and busk for cash to keep travelling, so I'm preparing for that. Funny, most people are going to college to be good at a job, I'm going to college to be good at not having a job. I'm actually more motivated to do homework now than the first time I attempted college.

ElNino

Reaction score
I wish i could play music, sounds like a great way to make money on the road. but I'm not very musically talented and my guitar was recently stolen anyways. That is interesting that you're going to school to not have a job, not something you hear every day :p I'm sure it helps that you're motivated, have a goal, and are in school for something you want.
1keg, have any big plans for the south or west or just going for a change in scenery?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads