New around these parts

SteeZ

Reaction score
Names nate. Not homeless but im just not happy with the 9-5 everyday life. I Not for me and id like to travel and see the world from a different perspective. I guess for now im gonna save and rid myself of things i dont need and get connected on here to head out west. Always wanted to go to dog town

Reactions: MTFZX

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Cool and welcome to Squat the Planet! We are a wealth of information on traveling, where to go (do check out the urban explore subforum) and all. And keep in mind we have a big jamboree at the Slabs in October - got a subforum for that as well. :) Welcome!

Reactions: MTFZX

MTFZX

Reaction score
Names nate. Not homeless but im just not happy with the 9-5 everyday life. I Not for me and id like to travel and see the world from a different perspective. I guess for now im gonna save and rid myself of things i dont need and get connected on here to head out west. Always wanted to go to dog town
Welcome sir. Im kinda in the same boat myself. Not homeless, just looking to gather supplies and get outta the rat race. Depending on when you set out and where you head to, we might be able to meet up, as im in illinois and you say you wanna head west.

SteeZ

Reaction score
Welcome dude
Appreciate it.
Welcome sir. Im kinda in the same boat myself. Not homeless, just looking to gather supplies and get outta the rat race. Depending on when you set out and where you head to, we might be able to meet up, as im in illinois and you say you wanna head west.

Its gonna take me a minute to get on my feet. Im just starting a new job but im down to go where ever man. Ive never seen the ocean

MTFZX

Reaction score
Appreciate it.

Its gonna take me a minute to get on my feet. Im just starting a new job but im down to go where ever man. Ive never seen the ocean
Right, well how are you going to be looking to travel? Hitching? Vehicle? Or? Cuz i was planning to use my van but i think im gonna actually ditch it because i still have so much to pay on it and dont want the pressure of bills. I plan on hitching for the first while in my travels. Working a temporary job right now just long enough to get what i need and then im outta here.

SteeZ

Reaction score
Right, well how are you going to be looking to travel? Hitching? Vehicle? Or? Cuz i was planning to use my van but i think im gonna actually ditch it because i still have so much to pay on it and dont want the pressure of bills. I plan on hitching for the first while in my travels. Working a temporary job right now just long enough to get what i need and then im outta here.

I have a couple grand to pay on my truck. Im down to hitch and hopping trains looks fun.

MTFZX

Reaction score
I have a couple grand to pay on my truck. Im down to hitch and hopping trains looks fun.
Does look fun, but im definitely not about to try that shit until i meet someone who knows what theyre doing in that area lol. Thats why i plan to hitch for a while, so i can meet somebody that can show me the ropes in person. Theres a lot of good info on here but i think that shits too dangerous to try on my own. Definitely in the future though.

AaronOnTheRoad

Reaction score
Does look fun, but im definitely not about to try that shit until i meet someone who knows what theyre doing in that area lol. Thats why i plan to hitch for a while, so i can meet somebody that can show me the ropes in person. Theres a lot of good info on here but i think that shits too dangerous to try on my own. Definitely in the future though.
I had to learn by myself but you're doing the right thing by waiting for someone to teach you.

SteeZ

Reaction score
I mostly hitchhike cause i love visiting places along the way. Get to see little towns and different people.
Oh yea man. I wanna camp on the way and do some exploring. When i was a teenager my favorite thing to do was walk the tracks.

No doubt man. Ego and heavy machines will get you killed quick. Id rather hitch and be patient. All i got is time man

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads