never going back to normal | Squat the Planet

never going back to normal

Mattismurder

Reaction score
I’m turning 40 in a few days (eeep!). I’ve been in a stable location (New Jersey) and career (Tattooing) for years now and I’ve been missing both the freedom of travel (I’ve bicycled halfway across the u.s. and done various wwoofing/volunteering jobs) and the sense of community that I once had from previous punk houses I’ve resided in.

My lease is up soon and I am looking to relocate/have some adventures. If anyone knows of any cool anarchist communities I could help with, or any work trade-type situations (preferably working with animals, rescued farm animals or rehabbing wild animals) ideally in the contiguous 48, I’d be much appreciative. I had a network of friends in D.C., North Carolina, and Humboldt Co, CA, with whom I have sadly fallen out of contact over the intervening years.

stay raddd,

—Matt.

jessuschrist

Reaction score
Hey man, welcome and happy birthday soon ✌🏼 I’ve been wanting to do wildlife rehabilitation for a LONG while and am also hoping to find some opportunities to volunteer/work when I hit the road. Hit me up if you discover cool places to do that kinda work on your travels! Safe journey to ya 🍀

Reactions: Mattismurder

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

Mattismurder

Reaction score
Hey man, welcome and happy birthday soon ✌🏼 I’ve been wanting to do wildlife rehabilitation for a LONG while and am also hoping to find some opportunities to volunteer/work when I hit the road. Hit me up if you discover cool places to do that kinda work on your travels! Safe journey to ya 🍀
Thank you! Likewise, if you find any cool places to volunteer/work, lemme know! 😊

ItsAWastelandBaby

Reaction score
Reactions: Matt Derrick

LaksaJon

Reaction score
I’m turning 40 in a few days (eeep!). I’ve been in a stable location (New Jersey) and career (Tattooing) for years now and I’ve been missing both the freedom of travel (I’ve bicycled halfway across the u.s. and done various wwoofing/volunteering jobs) and the sense of community that I once had from previous punk houses I’ve resided in.

My lease is up soon and I am looking to relocate/have some adventures. If anyone knows of any cool anarchist communities I could help with, or any work trade-type situations (preferably working with animals, rescued farm animals or rehabbing wild animals) ideally in the contiguous 48, I’d be much appreciative. I had a network of friends in D.C., North Carolina, and Humboldt Co, CA, with whom I have sadly fallen out of contact over the intervening years.

stay raddd,

—Matt.

Hey dude I worked with The Catholic Worker movement and no not everyone is catholic, hell at the one I worked and lived at only one of the 6 of were lol

It's based in anarchism and social justice helping in hospitality for those who are houseless

Every location is different tho and has slightly different ideologies and views on house to run the house but here is a link

The one I was at in STL shut down but it was really rad and connected to an old catholic church turned into a punk venue and skate park called Sk8 Laborius

Good luck man

Reactions: Mattismurder

Mattismurder

Reaction score
Hey dude I worked with The Catholic Worker movement and no not everyone is catholic, hell at the one I worked and lived at only one of the 6 of were lol

It's based in anarchism and social justice helping in hospitality for those who are houseless

Every location is different tho and has slightly different ideologies and views on house to run the house but here is a link

The one I was at in STL shut down but it was really rad and connected to an old catholic church turned into a punk venue and skate park called Sk8 Laborius

Good luck man
thank you so much for the info!!! 🙌

Reactions: LaksaJon

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads