Neat way to survive cold nights with very minimal gear | Squat the Planet

Neat way to survive cold nights with very minimal gear

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
I've done this before but the coal bed method where you bury the coals. It does work pretty good if you get the right depth. I'll have to try this method next when I get the chance

JamesPrice94

Reaction score
I've done this before but the coal bed method where you bury the coals. It does work pretty good if you get the right depth. I'll have to try this method next when I get the chance
I will be trying it also, if it keeps you warm and toasty in Alaska must pretty good for anywhere else in an emergency. The two space blankets can basically fit in your pocket so its nothing to carry really.

Last edited by a moderator:

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Camping out like this is so awesome.

travelingjoe

Reaction score
Just throwing this in here... But in cold times if you can.. Dry leaves or wads of paper. Preferably places in between 2 layers of clothes will insulate you tremendously. Could save your ass. Tuck short in pants. Pants in socks.

Don't use Fiberglass insulation.

A

AlwaysLost

You can also heat up rocks (nonporous) and place them near you while sleeping. Don't use porous rocks or rocks from streambeds or they might explode in yo face. But this can generally be avoided by warming the rocks next to the fire before tossing them directly in. You'll need nomex gloves or makeshift tongs to get the rocks out of the fire

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads