Name Your SPIRIT ANIMAL

RobHASboots

Reaction score
Fox, I've ran into a few at some strange times. One went so far as to follow and hang out with me after freezing my ass off in the wilderness for a few days with no sleep due to the cold. They just seem to pop up at important personal times.
yea, I'm a lil jealous.
I don't think I've ever spotted a fox... not close-up anyway. I think I am far too loud; huffing n puffing, with the items in a backpack clanking around.
I DO like the 'little surprises' one receives, flushing animals from the brush, though. *DEER
I saw a skunk the other day. I admired his stripes. he didn't seem at all disturbed or interested in my being there. I watched him scurry towards me, along a lil gametrail, and run his nose right into the back of a baby rabbit (who was occupied by my presence) and the lil guy hopped up n away. -skunk was like: 'get the fuck off the trail, jackass!'.
it's great. like a whimsical scene from snow white.....

Last edited:

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
awesome.
isn't the common raven one of the smartest birds? I feel like I've seen or read that somewhere....
-yep. pretty sure that's a thing.
yes! they are very intelligent birds with great problem solving skills and have a varied bird "vocabulary" if you will. they're also pretty solitary birds (I'm a loner too) and are scavengers (I also love to dumpster dive and scavenge stuff).
It was an important animal to the native Indians of pacific northwest and Alaska. there's many stories of how raven stole and released the sun, and invited the first humans out of hiding, hence bringing the world into being and also of him being quite the trickster (I'm a prankster at heart too). so yea, raven fits for me.

Reactions: oldcoyote

RobHASboots

Reaction score
yes! they are very intelligent birds with great problem solving skills and have a varied bird "vocabulary" if you will. they're also pretty solitary birds (I'm a loner too) and are scavengers (I also love to dumpster dive and scavenge stuff).
It was an important animal to the native Indians of pacific northwest and Alaska. there's many stories of how raven stole and released the sun, and invited the first humans out of hiding, hence bringing the world into being and also of him being quite the trickster (I'm a prankster at heart too). so yea, raven fits for me.
oh, yea. I remember this. raven totem poles and the like.
and there's the old fable; about the thirsting raven who cant reach his beak far enough into the [vessel?] so he drops pebbles in there, one by one, to raise the water level, and, guess what? .....
he gets to drink then.
um... what the moral is, I dunno. I guess it's 'be resourceful / think outside the box'
* 'necessity is the mother of invention' -can't remember

Reactions: iamwhatiam

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Reaction score
This raccoon is my spirit animal:

Reactions: Odin

oldcoyote

Reaction score
oh. wolves are nice.
lone wolves? (I'm thinkin those are rare in nature.)
[ packs of wolves are cool too, though. 'many hands make light work'. but with the pack, comes the hierarchy. alphas & subordinates. I guess that's nature... ]

AaAaAaaaAaaaactually, studies have shown that wolves are non-hierarchical when left to their own devices in the wild. I can't recall where I read about this, myself, but a quick google search produced this nifty article, at least.

Reactions: Odin

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
When I was about 16 I got my hands on a set of medicine cards which basically are just a picture of an animal with an assigned number. They taught me that when you see a specific animal that it can be an omen in one way or another. I still use this today. When I see an animal I question what it means. I can also do this with other things as well.
I associate my spirit animal with the fox for many reasons and signs of it have been a recurring theme in my life.

Reactions: SunSeeker
S

spectacular

Crows are great too... I was oversleeping on the beach once and a crow hopped up and pullled my sleeping bag with its beak, jerking me awake

yellowbrickfreeway

Reaction score
Red fox.

I've always loved them, but for some reason I have had multiple strange incidences where one has come out of the wilderness and just hung out with me. Quite often it's when I've felt lost or would have otherwise maybe asked for a 'sign.' One of the more bizarre experiences was one that came up to me in a parking lot in Denver. No idea where it came from, wasn't much to be seen for woodland areas in that particular spot, but he came up to me, circled around once, then literally sat down next to me, looked me in the eyes, and then we both continued to stare off into the distance together.

.....Then of course some drunk ass hole ran up yelling about it, called me 'the fox whisperer,' threw part of a philly cheesteak at it and scared it off. ::meh::

Reactions: SunSeeker

Ridire

Reaction score
The lovely Fisher Cat. A giant screaming dire weasel about the size of a maine coon or large beagle.

S

spectacular

Awrk matey

Attachments

• IMG_20150910_144153.jpg
    IMG_20150910_144153.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:

6bummin6it6

Reaction score
the common carp. i don't like swimming so it's odd that my spirit animal is a fish, but they just swim around real slow, they're bottom feeders, spook easily, tough scales, slimy, and if you've ever tried to catch one (like fishing) it isn't always easy because they've got an eye for bullshit, but if you trick one into taking the bait you can see just how crazy these seemingly chill fish can be.

Reactions: Desperado Deluxe

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads