My motherfuckin' introduction yall.

Karg

Reaction score

Hey fellow peoples, I hope everyone's having a good day. I used to lurk around here a while back and have used this site as a valuable resource of information time and time again. I've finally decided to sign myself up an account.

Yaaay!

Alright, alright, alright I guess it's my time to share a little about myself.

Biography
So starting as a kid, I grew up in the scouts and spent my childhood backpacking around the Sierra Nevada's once or twice every month and loved it all. I loved the nature, the exercise, the sightseeing, the fresh air, and even the drive to and from the trailheads and campgrounds. I'm sure this is a pretty familiar situation to a lot of peeps, bar being in a questionable organization that's done some "questionable" things lately, and like many peeps, my childhood exposure to the outdoors has spearheaded a lifelong love and fascination with nature itself. In other words, "this nature shit is pretty fucking dope."

stabbin a bagel.jpg
IMG_20210610_135106_275.jpg

I got my high school diploma and immediately found myself living in my car, I lived like this off and on for a while and probably spent a total of a year and a half sleeping in the back of my pick-up or later in my 98-ford explorer. It wasn't always the most comfortable situation but fuck, "it's got a roof and wheels?? Hell yeah!" The time I spent living like this allowed me to tap into my childhood love of adventure and the outdoors, in a way it gave me the means to experience life beyond the mundane, and holy shit I loved it.

I haven't spent my entire adult life driving around, gas jugging, and spanging for smokes, books, or something to eat. I've settled down a couple times and gone through over a dozen jobs. it ain't too fun or exciting, but damn sometimes you gotta work a bit and level up, know what I'm sayin?
I've lived around a bit, spent most of my time in the central valley of California, a little up in Kitsap County Washington, and recently spent seven months or so over the summer in the Slabs (that shit was pretty dope except the 132 fucking degrees, good people though). In between these places, I've been driving around the western half of the US and I plan on driving around it for the rest of my life.

slab city picture of me.jpg

Slab City pic of me 2.jpg
20210503_074621_HDR.jpg

Interests
So yadda yadda, my interests are probably pretty much the same as everyone else's. I like; reading, playing guitar, cigarettes, music, coffee, weed, psychedelics, driving, hitchhiking, camping, backpacking, planning trips, waiting for the next planet wiping asteroid to hit earth, you know fucking usual shit and a ton more.
  • Currently reading Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky (Promise I'm not a pretentious armchair philosopher or literaryphile)
  • Favorite Band is prolly Modest Mouse
  • I love classical guitars
  • The best ciggy is a 10 hour long per dart American Spirit which sadly costs thirteen and a half fucking dollars a pack
  • The Sierra Nevada mountains are my favorite place to backpack and camp
  • I take my coffee with an inch or two of cream like a lil bitch but fuck you it tastes yummy
  • Weed is weed but I'll definitely take some Jack Herer over some of the moldy squashed nugs I've pulled out of my pack before.
  • Don't do too much Lsd anymore unless it's some bomb shit and the time is right, but I still love me some shroomies
  • I fucking wish Google trips didn't get taken down, fuck you google, aint nothin like that now
What I want
Okay so what I want out of my STP experience is to find an inclusive welcoming corner where I can share my experiences and knowledge with like-minded individuals who share the same passions or interests as I do. I'm definitely not going to be on here 24/7 but I plan to be a part of this community for years to come, and I hope to find and earn a place amongst you amazing people.

Conclusion
To anyone reading this or not, hope ya'll get through what you're going through and come out exhilarated, wiser, and smellier that before. Have a good one

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Welcome and thanks for taking the time to post such a thorough introduction!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads