spooker

Reaction score
Hi. My name is Heavenly, I'm 20, nonbinary, and looking to meet new people and learn.
My birthday is in 4 days (December 30th) on which I'll be 21! I joined here over two years ago, but life happened, and I went offline. I almost started my traveling journey in 2021, but again, life happened. (more specifically, love happened) Now here I am, stuck in a dead end job in an apartment where I can't even afford to pitch in with rent. I have no car. But I have a cat. And a lizard, and another lizard.... three frogs, mutiple fish, and currently preparing my gerbil setup for two new friends. I love to read, watch movies, listen to music, and take photos. I'm also quite a bit obsessed with legos, and documenting all of my favorite memories into writing and photos and Journaling. I've also had fun painting and crocheting.

I'm on here also because I crave more. I've always wanted something more out of life but as a young, naive individual, I have no idea what to do about that. I want to get out of Ohio and make myself feel full doing something I've longed for. Travel. But alas, I am stuck. Maybe you can help me?

(attempted mutiple times to attach some of my photos but "the attached file was not an image as expected")

Reactions: Colinleath

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
(attempted mutiple times to attach some of my photos but "the attached file was not an image as expected")

sorry about that, you might try an image in a different format (jpg vs png) and see if that works?

but welcome to StP! remember to look over the Guide to Using StP and use the search before posting a thread.

Happy Birthday! 21 is a big one, youre like, totally 100% legal now, for like, booze and stuff! congrats :)

we'd love to help in any way we can! feel free to hang out and get to know us both here on on our discord server. the more we know about your interests, the easier it'll be to suggest things you can do!
have you done any traveling before?

spooker

Reaction score
sorry about that, you might try an image in a different format (jpg vs png) and see if that works?

but welcome to StP! remember to look over the Guide to Using StP and use the search before posting a thread.

Happy Birthday! 21 is a big one, youre like, totally 100% legal now, for like, booze and stuff! congrats :)

we'd love to help in any way we can! feel free to hang out and get to know us both here on on our discord server. the more we know about your interests, the easier it'll be to suggest things you can do!
have you done any traveling before?
Thank you so much! I haven't done any traveling before, but I had previously made plans to on mutiple ocassions that I never ending up following through with, there was a time where a group of travellers had offered to pick me up and start me out, but I had eventually decided against it (decided to stay loyal to my job at the time and my current boyfriend). My boyfriend isn't very interested in traveling however, so the idea of traveling has been deep in the back of my mind for a long time now.

My life right now can either go two ways. My boyfriend and I stay together, I keep grinding out jobs until we get a house, and I go down that path. Or,,, we spilt up and I become homeless, cashless, and potentially jobless. I'm not sure which way it will go, nor am I sure which way I'd prefer it.

I have your book, The anarchists guide to travel, and it's full of my little notes, highlights, and thoughts. It's been very helpful to me, so thank you!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
My life right now can either go two ways. My boyfriend and I stay together, I keep grinding out jobs until we get a house, and I go down that path. Or,,, we spilt up and I become homeless, cashless, and potentially jobless. I'm not sure which way it will go, nor am I sure which way I'd prefer it.

well, if you want my advice, I'd do the latter. at 20 years old, you have decades ahead of you, at any which time you can decide to settle down and do the house thing. i think you'd be selling yourself short by doing that so early in your life. there's so many things you can do right now (i.e. adventuring) that will be much harder to achieve later on as you get older, that I think it's super important for you to go do those things right now.

not to be too cynical here, but relationships come and go. it's very likely that if you settle down now you'll find yourself a few years older, tied down to a bunch of stuff, and not any closer to realizing your dreams.

I have your book, The anarchists guide to travel, and it's full of my little notes, highlights, and thoughts. It's been very helpful to me, so thank you!

thank you so much! hearing that means the world to me, much appreciated! I and everyone else would love to help you realize your dreams, just let us know if you need anything specific :)

bear

Reaction score
well, if you want my advice, I'd do the latter. at 20 years old, you have decades ahead of you, at any which time you can decide to settle down and do the house thing. i think you'd be selling yourself short by doing that so early in your life. there's so many things you can do right now (i.e. adventuring) that will be much harder to achieve later on as you get older, that I think it's super important for you to go do those things right now.

not to be too cynical here, but relationships come and go. it's very likely that if you settle down now you'll find yourself a few years older, tied down to a bunch of stuff, and not any closer to realizing your dreams.

thank you so much! hearing that means the world to me, much appreciated! I and everyone else would love to help you realize your dreams, just let us know if you need anything specific :)

was just looking at some hoboing shit and got a yearning for travelling so i opened up stp and the first thread i found was this. this advice was literally exactly what i was looking for so thank you matt, i will be looking on in the discord. as for heavenly, im a 19 yr old trans kid from iowa so if ur ever looking for a buddy hmu lol

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads