My heart wants me to wander | Squat the Planet

My heart wants me to wander

Maven Z Roze

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
How are you all doing? I am an artist from the Hartford area that is just tired of small circles. I feel that if I travel enough I will find like minded people to help me accomplish my destiny. I am a poet, lyricist, dreamweaver, and a painter. I wanna be a lyricist by career but currently sell dreamcatchers to inspire. One day I will inspire with music with positive lyrics. The only thing holding me back are the things I own. I have thousands of beads, milled of hemp, unfinished paintings and the tools of the trade. Trying to condense it as much as possible and still have a set up. I wanted to get a van to do all this but do I really wanna be homeless in Connecticut another winter? I thought of taking a bus to venice to sell my art. What do you all think is the best spot for an artist/poet?

superphoenix

Reaction score
I would say if you're living the van life, the first step is to get out of Connecticut (the 46th best state in the Union). Maybe line up some work in warmer climes, work remotely, or use the van for work you can do anywhere, like delivery.

NOLA seems to be a decent spot for artists atm - I see people selling their stuff at tables and they get a lot of foot traffic, plus rent wouldn't be expensive/plenty of bandos to squat in. I don't recommend staying in the East Coast (with the exception of NYC/Philly) if you're trying to expand your circle and sell art.

The Southwest might be good for artistic projects and van life as well.

Other people will know much more than me on this subject, but these are just some ideas!

Maven Z Roze

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I would say if you're living the van life, the first step is to get out of Connecticut (the 46th best state in the Union). Maybe line up some work in warmer climes, work remotely, or use the van for work you can do anywhere, like delivery.

NOLA seems to be a decent spot for artists atm - I see people selling their stuff at tables and they get a lot of foot traffic, plus rent wouldn't be expensive/plenty of bandos to squat in. I don't recommend staying in the East Coast (with the exception of NYC/Philly) if you're trying to expand your circle and sell art.

The Southwest might be good for artistic projects and van life as well.

Other people will know much more than me on this subject, but these are just some ideas!

I might have to skip the van thing.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads