My experience with reality TV | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

My experience with reality TV

• Thread starter Deleted member 15688
  • Start date
E

etpyh

Nice work on the Tomahawk!
I don't like reality TV and hardly ever watch TV since I don't have one, but those survival shows are still a rather good watch. Even though a lot of things might be over the top (like the kidnapping part in this case), there is usully something to learn for someone who has no idea about wildernes survival. Plus the landscapes are usually pretty sweet.
But why does the competition factor get pushed into almost anything? If I watch a survival show, I want to learn something, see some nature etc.
I don't care who is the most elite soldier, or the most supreme wildernes expert. I am also tired of military guys who always think that they are the best.

Another thing on this specific show I am interested in is the question if they actually have a live video of some sort as it seems on the show, or if those shots are recorded later on.
Also does the "health status belt" actually has any real importance? I mean if it is to find you it would make sense to give the camera man some sort of communication.

To my surprise it was my "friends" out looking for me. Apparently , I had lost my biometrics belt some where along the way (I hadn't noticed).
In the show you said you took it of so your "friends" would come and get you. Too much army proud too admit that you didn't make it? :p

D

Deleted member 15688

Nice work on the Tomahawk!
I don't like reality TV and hardly ever watch TV since I don't have one, but those survival shows are still a rather good watch. Even though a lot of things might be over the top (like the kidnapping part in this case), there is usully something to learn for someone who has no idea about wildernes survival. Plus the landscapes are usually pretty sweet.
But why does the competition factor get pushed into almost anything? If I watch a survival show, I want to learn something, see some nature etc.
I don't care who is the most elite soldier, or the most supreme wildernes expert. I am also tired of military guys who always think that they are the best.

Another thing on this specific show I am interested in is the question if they actually have a live video of some sort as it seems on the show, or if those shots are recorded later on.
Also does the "health status belt" actually has any real importance? I mean if it is to find you it would make sense to give the camera man some sort of communication.

In the show you said you took it of so your "friends" would come and get you. Too much army proud too admit that you didn't make it? :p

its all scripted. I was actually only about 500 meters from a salmon farm when i was "rescued". Ive actually never watched an episode of the show since i dont have a tv either. Or rarely go to youtube. the biometric stuff is a live feed. and the live viewing was via the camera man and a sattelite uplink

Shannon

Reaction score
Phenomenal! Thanks for sharing! I hang with some wilderness/survival/primitive skills types (I have been working outdoors, Mexican desert to Alaska rainforest, since I was 14, in addition to sailing around the Philippines/western Pacific, etc) and will be working as a non-law enforcement park ranger-type in the redwoods this summer. Please hit me up if you find yourself passing through the 101 May to October...my job involves making sure everyone has a good time, whether it involves serving up dumpstered coffee, campfire shenanigans, or Eel River swimming holes.

D

Deleted member 15688

Phenomenal! Thanks for sharing! I hang with some wilderness/survival/primitive skills types (I have been working outdoors, Mexican desert to Alaska rainforest, since I was 14, in addition to sailing around the Philippines/western Pacific, etc) and will be working as a non-law enforcement park ranger-type in the redwoods this summer. Please hit me up if you find yourself passing through the 101 May to October...my job involves making sure everyone has a good time, whether it involves serving up dumpstered coffee, campfire shenanigans, or Eel River swimming holes.

Cool! I love shenanigans!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads