My dog is so sick

vagabond719r

Reaction score
Some of the things in this world that pisses me off most is when my dog won't eat. It worries me more than martial law. Typically, I am in a great mood, kind hearted, a bit off the wall, but a decent compassionate person. But when my pups start acting like they are sick, I tend to go overboard on the warpath. Having no money, and too much pride to ask for cash, and sometimes an unwillingness to except it, I get pissed and seem to piss everyone off around me. It's a common emotion most humans have and an act most humans act on. To see an animal hurting is one of my pet peeves, mine or another's. Moreover, I can't stand living in a town where there are no decent vets that put priority on the dog's health, over the payment for services rendered. Their point is that if you can't support yourself you shouldn't have a pup. I've always had a pup, and the pup's always had me. They have always gave me reason to go on in this world. I place my pup in the same as my son or daughter. They eat three times better than me. I am slowly starving away, and yet they are fat. I just can't afford to pay the ungodly price of veterinary medicine. All I can do is love her more and more, and sometimes attempt to force feed her. It drives me to points which some call desperation. Oh, the things I'd do to help my dog. I"d rob and kill, she's all that I've got in this world which I have given up on, and so this happens. I'm afraid that if she doesn't get better, I may do something stupid.

cricket

Reaction score
ifn its a mutt feed it/ force feed it bread and rice. cheap and keeps um full. they dont like it but ginger will kill worms/ parasites away. sorry man hope your pup feels better soon. and dont get to pissed ive been ther some crack head stole my dog thinkin it was pure bred

vagabond719r

Reaction score
Thanks bro, I appreciate it. I'll try what you mentioned and comment if it helps her.

cricket

Reaction score
yea i had this old dog that had worms and bone lose so we fed him ginger and laid a warm washcloth on his stomach area. he loved it. i like you feel oddly more sad about pets being neglected more than humans. just take it easy on the ginger small amounts of the roots ground up is easier for um.

ericafuckyea

Reaction score
put some garlic in its food, it clears out their digestive system and helps kill viruses.

vagabond719r

Reaction score
Turns out her leg is messed up. Swollen to the size of a baseball. Overnight.

venusinpisces

Reaction score
Having no money, and too much pride to ask for cash...
Get over it. Your dog's health is more important than your pride. Get out there and fly a sign or do whatever you have to do. It sounds like an emergency and there are people who can afford to help you help her. Also, if there is a health food store with a selection of herbs in your town, you can apply a poultice of comfrey leaves to her leg and this will do a lot to reduce the swelling until she gets to the vet. There may also be a comfrey cream/gel. Steal it if you have to. If you get caught, break down in tears about your dog's leg and how you can't afford the vet. This will be especially impressive because you're a guy. Obviously, it's not good to make a habit of this but there are some circumstances where being manipulative is fully justified. Good luck!

venusinpisces

Reaction score
I feel ya man. Ben freaking out at Green slime draining from Dukes cock sheath but interwebs says its smegma . . .
If it's green that means it's infected. If you ignore that it could turn into more serious problems. Infections are usually easy to treat with goldenseal powder you can get from any health food store. Just mix it up with some water, smear some on there (yeah that is gross but do what you must for your dog) and then put some in his food. It should clear up in no time.

Nelco

Reaction score
you can get free antibiotics from most animal shelters..or you could go to the hospital and say you have a bad tooth and tell them you can only take amoxicillin and give it to your dogs

M

Mouse

seriously.. give your dog a bath now and then. it's just as important to dogs as people to stay clean.

hopefully yer dog feels better soon. I'm sure your anger doesn't help her feel any better if yer as close to her as you say you are.. dog are sensitive to that shit.

my dog passed suddenly a few weeks ago so I can tell you... it's horrible. do anything you can to make sure she stays in good health, pride be damned!

vagabond719r

Reaction score
I was refused by three of the 4 or 5 clinics in this shit town. Odd, right? Why would any clinic, for any purpose, refuse a patient. Fortunately, I have met a woman, sweet as hell, that has offered to get her help the next town over. Wish Anna luck. Plus, I have gotten her to eat quite a bit yesterday, so I'm happier than shit.

Nelco

Reaction score
I was refused by three of the 4 or 5 clinics in this shit town. Odd, right? Why would any clinic, for any purpose, refuse a patient. Fortunately, I have met a woman, sweet as hell, that has offered to get her help the next town over. Wish Anna luck. Plus, I have gotten her to eat quite a bit yesterday, so I'm happier than shit.

thank god..been really worried about your dog.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads