My bio-father Michael | Squat the Planet

My bio-father Michael

D

Deleted member 8978

True story: this was the man that was my bio-father, but he and I had a father+son relationship that only lasted three years. When I suffered potential head trauma coming out of a head-on collision back in 85/86, this man thought something about me wasn't right.

So he took me to see a psychiatrist in Savannah and schedule an evaluation. My psychiatrist diagnosed me with autism after that. How did this man respond to that? He said (quote) "I can not see myself with a retard", and then he got up and walked away alone. Already I was recovering where I couldn't pay attention to anything he said during and after the evaluation. Next thing, he fled from Georgia and left me here to rot.

Over the years, he never contacted me through any means. I got nothing against my father as much, but we really could've worked something out! No one told him to run off to New York, though he took it upon himself anyway. I am pretty sure that he wanted to have a family without including me even though I AM STILL PART OF HIS FAMILY! I got his DNA and everything.

Fast-forwarding more than 30 years, it was February 2017 when I discovered that he passed. It led me to believe right off the bat that he never even left me with anything to inherit. But little did my bio-father know that I started opening auto racks in 2015 and started casually freighthopping in 2016 - so now I can actually go to NY if I want to! And little did he know that he should've read two Bible verses that sums up his relinquishment of me:

1 Timothy 5:8 - "Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever." (NIV)

Hebrews 12:17 - "Afterward, as you know, when he wanted to inherit this blessing, he was rejected. Even though he sought the blessing with tears, he could not change what he had done." (NIV)

All I know at this rate, is that before I die, I will personally ride the rails up toward Schenectady, freight train or otherwise, and start looking for answers, and find out what all he's been hiding from me. For starters, I can save up money and use it to start searching official records as far as his medical history and even death/burial records. From that point, do I plan to forgive my father for leaving me in GA to rot? Am I really gonna miss my father? Only when I am ready.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/dailygazette/obituary.aspx?pid=183064958

Last edited:

Hobo Mud

Reaction score
Good luck friend....

D

Deleted member 8978

Thanks to you both, I am pretty sure the rest of his family is scattered throughout NY and other places, and I kinda figured I would like to meet them for the first time. If I even have to verify my DNA, I will.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Wow - sorry you had to experience that, but glad you were able to move on with your life.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads