My attempt to being more social, share my knowledge and learn from others | Squat the Planet

My attempt to being more social, share my knowledge and learn from others

Lameduck

Reaction score
Well hey there you dirty kids, some call me 8 bit dog, Tree Thug, Cliffs or just fuck stick. I’m a timber tramp, I’ve been on the road for the past 11 years doing everything from conservation work to being a ski bum. I’m currently somewhat settled down in Flagstaff, AZ doing restoration work in the forests outside of town. I am getting itchy feet and will probably be on the road for a few months this winter and who can tell the future. I can be found downtown yelling at yuppies to gtfo of town and drinking whiskey in alleys with my two dogs. If you are in town and see the dirtiest looking hipster you have ever seen with two dogs without leashes or collars that’s me come say what up and let’s freak the locals and fuck with the yuppies.

Much love you crusty fuckers

WyldLyfe

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Hey... Tree Thug, seeing as you say this is ya attempt at being more social and sharing, whats the conservation type work ya been doing over there? been doing similar here, getting into that a bit.. One place has been a bit more about breeding Bandicoots and Eastern quolls to put back into the wild.. and creating eco systems ect.. Im still learning though..

Bandicoot

bandicoot.png

Eastern Quoll

eq.png

Lameduck

Reaction score
Hey wildly for I work as a tree climber, hand faller and equipment operator on logging projects. I work specifically on forest restoration projects and fell hazard trees for wild land fire operations. Currently I am working on a landscape restoration project to restore the worlds largest ponderosa forest to its traditional number of trees before European settlement to combat large scale wildfires and restore ground water supply. Those critters you guys have in Australia always amaze me. They’re so different from what we have here in North America

WyldLyfe

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Oh okay, yep, thanks for sharing so the restoration of the largest ponderosa forest is that Coconino National Forest? and yeah we have some unique animals here, there awesome, you guys have got things like racoons, grizzley bears, coyotes, moose, cougars though.. People have claimed they've seen an had experiences with big cats/ black panthers here in some of the forests, some say they are just really big feral cats though, theres a few theories of what they are an where they came from.. Anyway yeah North america looks good with those mountains, blue water, whales an pine forests too.

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Jesus Christ Cliff. I'm pretty sure I might know you from, I dont know...Getting shit faced drunk with Jeff in CREC, or was it the time we completely owned Fossil creek....what about that time Zeppelin woke me up in a campsite by laying on my head....I dunno.

Either way...how the FUCK did you find StP? Lol fucking welcome!

Last edited:
Reactions: Lameduck

Coywolf

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Also....what's your view on riding freight trains? because, I've officially found you a new hobby....lol

Reactions: Lameduck

Lameduck

Reaction score
Also....what's your view on riding freight trains? because, I've officially found you a new hobby....lol

Dielon dielon dielon dielon and dielon the five greatest rappers of all fucking time!!! I came here to get info on riding trains mother fucker just been getting to know people before I start asking questions. I am going to buy a rail map and I think my buddy is going to hook me up with a 2015 hobo bible with crew changes. I really want to ride the sunset line to New Orleans in January. Where the fuck are you buddy!!!! Come meet up with me in flag. And how did I find StP well uhhh I’m a fucking tramp just finally branching out and trying to be more social with the community i love.

Coywolf

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Dude, free copy of the best rail atlas ever made, Harry Ladd's U.S. Railroad Traffic Atlas and tonnage maps is on here....

https://squattheplanet.com/files/tonnage-maps.3/

THAT shit is the bible. Fuck the CCG. Although that is a good thing to have. We have to talk train hopping mofuka. Have you hit the rails at all yet?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads