Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Musician Builds Hypnotic Acoustic Instrument That Sounds Like a Synthesizer
http://twistedsifter.com/videos/acoustic-synthesizer-by-gorkem-sen/

Yaybahar is an electric-free, completely acoustic instrument designed by Görkem Şen. The vibrations from the strings are transmitted via the coiled springs to the frame drums. These vibrations are turned into sound by the membranes which echo back and forth on the coiled springs. This results in a unique listening experience with hypnotizing surround sound.

What you are hearing in this performance was captured in real-time without any additional effects and with no post audio processing.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
at first i was like, "oh well, another crazy hippy instrument" but then around 3-4 minutes in i was like, "whoa"... it does sound like a synth, and i would totally play that instrument...

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
hehe I saw this a day or so ago but never played it. Just did and I just had the little siamese cat pop her head up over lil red guy computer with her eyes bugged out and ears laid back. But definitely a lot of SOUND from that thing - from one freaking person!! ... oh and ming doesn't like it hehe

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads