MPD: Homeless man arrested for beating another homeless man with guitar (1 Viewer) News & Blogs 

bystander

Vagabond
Reaction score
MPD: Homeless man arrested for beating another homeless man with guitar
Skyler+Goldsmith.jpg

Skyler S. Goldsmith
Posted: Wed 12:23 PM, Oct 05, 2016

Social-Facebook-34.png
Social-Twitter-34.png
Social-LinkedIn-34.png
Social-Google-34.png
Social-Email-34.png
Social-Print-34.png

MADISON, Wis. (WMTV) -- A 24-year-old homeless man was arrested after he admitted to beating another homeless man with a guitar.

Madison Police arrested Skyler S. Goldsmith on Tuesday for substantial battery.

Police say a seriously injured, unconscious 33-year-old man was found on a UW-Madison Arboretum hiking path near Seminole Highway on Tuesday afternoon around 2 p.m. There was a dog and pieces of a shattered acoustic guitar near him.

A witness told officers that he had seen a second man, believed to be Goldsmith, staggering down a nearby roadway covered in blood. Officials say Goldsmith also had a dog with him and was found passed out near a damaged, bloody guitar.

Police say when they awakened Goldsmith, he said he was taking a nap, announced he had just "won" a fight with a friend and that he had hit someone with a guitar.

The injured 33-year-old was taken to a hospital and is listed in critical condition with head injuries, according to authorities. His blood alcohol content was .47.

Goldsmith told police he is from Seattle, but now lives a nomadic lifestyle, hopping freight trains and traveling from city to city. He says he met the victim along the way and that they have been staying near State Street for a few weeks.

Madison Police say both the victim and suspect's dogs have been taken to the Dane County Humane Society for now.

Copyright 2016: WMTV

anyone met this guy before?

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!
N

Notmyname

I closed my account
I met this dude at harvest fest last weekend, like 2 days before this happened. His friend told me it was over a ziploc of top cigs. Also, although not exactly relevant, he was going by Johnny when I met him lol. His friend told me he was a piece of shit who used his dog to help him make money and never fed the thing. BUT I will say his dog was the sweetest thing ever so if he stays locked up there's a good chance she can be adopted(but there's also a big problem with college kids ditching their pets so the shelters might be full idk) I feel bad for the other guy and the dogs, they don't deserve that shit. Over some shitty cigarettes no less

Last edited by a moderator:

Gonzo Dobbs

Pilgrim
Reaction score
shit i roaded it with this kid

didn't have a dog when i met him

he didn't seem too bad, but he did act like he was smarter than me which i didn't appreciate but really didn't care about either
I can vouch for the acting like he's so damn smart. He's not really all that dangerous though. He told me it was cuz the guy store his knife.

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $10.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $10.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully this will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $10.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $10.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.