News & Blogs - MPD: Homeless man arrested for beating another homeless man with guitar | Squat the Planet

News & Blogs MPD: Homeless man arrested for beating another homeless man with guitar

bystander

Reaction score
MPD: Homeless man arrested for beating another homeless man with guitar
Skyler+Goldsmith.jpg

Skyler S. Goldsmith
Posted: Wed 12:23 PM, Oct 05, 2016

Social-Facebook-34.png
Social-Twitter-34.png
Social-LinkedIn-34.png
Social-Google-34.png
Social-Email-34.png
Social-Print-34.png

MADISON, Wis. (WMTV) -- A 24-year-old homeless man was arrested after he admitted to beating another homeless man with a guitar.

Madison Police arrested Skyler S. Goldsmith on Tuesday for substantial battery.

Police say a seriously injured, unconscious 33-year-old man was found on a UW-Madison Arboretum hiking path near Seminole Highway on Tuesday afternoon around 2 p.m. There was a dog and pieces of a shattered acoustic guitar near him.

A witness told officers that he had seen a second man, believed to be Goldsmith, staggering down a nearby roadway covered in blood. Officials say Goldsmith also had a dog with him and was found passed out near a damaged, bloody guitar.

Police say when they awakened Goldsmith, he said he was taking a nap, announced he had just "won" a fight with a friend and that he had hit someone with a guitar.

The injured 33-year-old was taken to a hospital and is listed in critical condition with head injuries, according to authorities. His blood alcohol content was .47.

Goldsmith told police he is from Seattle, but now lives a nomadic lifestyle, hopping freight trains and traveling from city to city. He says he met the victim along the way and that they have been staying near State Street for a few weeks.

Madison Police say both the victim and suspect's dogs have been taken to the Dane County Humane Society for now.

Copyright 2016: WMTV

anyone met this guy before?

• Sad
Reactions: DrAwqward

Dmac

Reaction score
There are 11 members listing Masison Wis as their current location. @spectacular Did you see him at the Jambo last year ?

S

spectacular

No he was just a random guy who i got to know later in the winter, don't think he even showed up that early... must've been Nov or Dec

N

Notmyname

I met this dude at harvest fest last weekend, like 2 days before this happened. His friend told me it was over a ziploc of top cigs. Also, although not exactly relevant, he was going by Johnny when I met him lol. His friend told me he was a piece of shit who used his dog to help him make money and never fed the thing. BUT I will say his dog was the sweetest thing ever so if he stays locked up there's a good chance she can be adopted(but there's also a big problem with college kids ditching their pets so the shelters might be full idk) I feel bad for the other guy and the dogs, they don't deserve that shit. Over some shitty cigarettes no less

Last edited:

rooster831

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
shit i roaded it with this kid

didn't have a dog when i met him

he didn't seem too bad, but he did act like he was smarter than me which i didn't appreciate but really didn't care about either

Reactions: bystander

Gonzo Dobbs

Reaction score
shit i roaded it with this kid

didn't have a dog when i met him

he didn't seem too bad, but he did act like he was smarter than me which i didn't appreciate but really didn't care about either
I can vouch for the acting like he's so damn smart. He's not really all that dangerous though. He told me it was cuz the guy store his knife.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads