Morel picking

EJ1312

Teleporter - Apprentice time traveller
Reaction score
Any one in canada interested in morel mushroon picking . Can be very luctative with motivation and if fast hiking in woods

Two months or more of it happening. Northern bc

Lowlyhorse

Reaction score
I'm late to the party here but do you go picking regularly with a crew? Will you be going again this year (are you looking for people?) - fire season last year will most likely produce a ton of fire morel. 🍄

EJ1312

Reaction score
Tonnes this year yea forsure

If you're hanging around a big camp there are regularly groups of people hanging out at main camps near buyer stations or you can decide to go solo, I will be doing it again
I also did pine mushrooms at the end of the season this year which went on until the snow flew.

Lowlyhorse

Reaction score
Tonnes this year yea forsure

If you're hanging around a big camp there are regularly groups of people hanging out at main camps near buyer stations or you can decide to go solo, I will be doing it again
I also did pine mushrooms at the end of the season this year which went on until the snow flew.

Nice, You said your picking in northern BC. How far north?

EJ1312

Reaction score
I was born out there. I may be interested in checking out the north for mushies as it may be more promising than out here in BC

Winter has been dry
. And I just read an article it mentioned that there are still 'Zombie fires' burning up north from last years fires.

Morels need alot of wet. To produce well

Bc has been hectic with heat the past few years... and I kind of miss ontario

smellynerd

Reaction score
Its been mild out this way so i'm hoping for the right conditions this spring. Have you picked in ontario before? I'm new picking on this type of scale but i've heard stories from bc and sask.

EJ1312

Reaction score
Yes mushies allll Over canada.
I haven't done lucrative stuff In ontario or quebec but alot of picking recreationally,
I've found ,morel,honeys,lobsters,Chantrelle and puffballs corals and manes all the good stuff

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads