Monterey

Monterey

Reaction score
Hey, I go by Monterey, I am 39, been traveling all my life and have spent about a year on the rails, but I ask a lot of questions and treat people right. If you have been in the south, maybe you have seen my tag. First ride I ever took I got on a random from Jacksonville, FL, and rode a night ride to Atlanta. I had never rode before and I had no one to teach me, so I just did it. Anyway, I didn't realize that there are three levels of slowness to life: Slow, Slower, and Train Yard, so I got impatient and jumped a double stack right freaking back to Jacksonville.... yep....
I quickly learned how to camp in the woods and learned the value of a tarp. Stuck in the Jacksonville junk yard on the north end in a downpour. Nothing to do but to take it. I ended up going to sleep. If I am going to get rained on, I don't want to be there for it. Also I learned that if you get bit by enough mosquitoes they stop itching as much.
Anyway, I am not super skilled, but I pick up what people wanted to teach me, and I love riding in the middle of nowhere. No litter, no power lines, just me, the tracks, the train, and natural beauty.
I am glad that I like to sing and have a great memory for lyrics, it entertains riders I meet and is always a good time. I am housied up right now because I am going to college on the fed's bankroll, then I am going to travel the world teaching English. 4-6 months in a town then on to wherever I want. Still, I miss those rails...

kidbob

Reaction score
whoooty whooo monterey!!!! tis kidbob and brody, whats up bro, made it to lake city,wal mart here sure is kind :) any way just wanted to shout out and say whats up, had a good time with u and bear claw!!yup yup sure did, drunken ass whoopin and everything lol, boys will be boys tho, u knew it i know and now brody does,"click following u"

kidbob

Reaction score
Hey....whats up man!

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads