Mobile Bike Crew?

soapybum

Reaction score
So me and two friends are biking from Indianapolis to Crested Butte Colorado, heading out in a week. When we get there we'll either be a) working at the ski resort there (you get free ski passes :D) or b) continue to bike whereever we please. b) is going to happen regardless, just might happen after a). Anyways... Anyone else into long distance biking? We'd be down to meet up and possibly add a person to our crew. That'd be sweet to get a biking caravan together that's year round and not just for specific events/rides.

Bandito Dan

Reaction score
I literally just logged on here for the first time in months to ask if anyone does this. Biking seems like a pretty cool way to get around, and I've been kind of getting into riding more lately. Unfortunately, I can't really travel now, I just think about it all the time. But I'd love to hear about how you get around. What kind of bike do you use? How much stuff/what do you carry? How long do you ride in one day?

soapybum

Reaction score
i got an old road bike, its a 73 Raleigh Gran Prix. I got my alice pack attached to my rear bike rack, which has camping gear in it, personal stuff, electronics etc, then I have another bag with just clothes in it (still debating weather to put it ontop of the alice pack or just have it sit in the front milk crate) and my mando. We're planning to do about 50miles a day, which isnt that much actually.

E

Earth

smart with using an old road bike, i recently scored a 1980 fuji royale thats a twenty seven inch frame, twenty seven inch wheels, twelve speed friction shifters man all that baby wants to do is fly down the road!!
good luck in your travels, aint nothing like human powered machines :)

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
This idea sounds awesome! I'd tag along but my old mountain bike is in no shape to make a trip like that. Well maybe it is, or rather can be. Lemme know if you're passing through Chicago!

fernfern

Reaction score
i'd love to find people in california who want to go down the coast doing something like this this winter. i'm in arcata now about to go to sanfran and then LA. i have one friend meeting up in san fran, but we could use more people to make it a real caravan. slab city, austin, palenque (rainbow gathering) are also on the list and maybe NOLA. anyone along this route with a bike and nowhere to be, hit me up

Doc Road

Reaction score
i'd love to find people in california who want to go down the coast doing something like this this winter. i'm in arcata now about to go to sanfran and then LA. i have one friend meeting up in san fran, but we could use more people to make it a real caravan. slab city, austin, palenque (rainbow gathering) are also on the list and maybe NOLA. anyone along this route with a bike and nowhere to be, hit me up
Picking up my bike in Oakland, rideing rails from Texas. So got tons of ground to cover, when Im west ill check back, a good bike ride sounds choice.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads