Missing Daughter, Please Read | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Missing Daughter, Please Read

thapoet

Mr. Grizzly Bear bait
Reaction score
@worriedmom... you are doing everything you can and trying your best. beating your head against the wall will not make results happen. i am not sayingnthat out of rudeness, more like my way of offering compassion. if , IF, something has gone wrong, then your ability to control panic and guide your frustrations might be pivotal in finding tiffany. you have tapped into a great community here, and if anyone who has read this thread comes across her or someone that knows her, they will reach out. i know i have in my day left people worried to death about me. as far as the cops, they stopped hearing you and/or caring about what you said when they realized she was traveler. and from past personal experience, the cops treat missing travelers more like persons of interest rather than missing loved ones. the idea for calling animal shelters is a great one. also try local soup kitchens and shelters and catholic churches with outreach organizations. many times they can get the word out to travelers to "pass on this info".... i once received a message while in oklahoma city that was started at st. vincent du paul in baton rouge.... i feel for you and your family and pray for yall. but for what its worth, 9 out of 10 times that something like this happens, its just a bad judgement call to get away and disappear. usually everything turns out fine.

sucio

Reaction score
Im from memphis. Right now . im in bloomington, IN
Try local jails inbetween where you last talked to her and her destination. If you don't have a home phone or cell that accepts collect calls she wouldn't be able to call if she was in jail. And cops are usually shit when it comes to travelin kids or homeless people, to them the less the better. Had she not been travelin, there would have been a nationwide missing person alert all over CNN. I don't know. I'm just so sorry for what you're going through and I hope things turn out for the best. Like thapoet said try churches, feeds, whatever. Maybe make several thousand flyers and flood last know city's or destinations. Somone saw her somewhere. Good luck ma'am , she'll turn up.

Reactions: eske silver

WorriedMom

Reaction score
@worriedmom... you are doing everything you can and trying your best. beating your head against the wall will not make results happen. i am not sayingnthat out of rudeness, more like my way of offering compassion. if , IF, something has gone wrong, then your ability to control panic and guide your frustrations might be pivotal in finding tiffany. you have tapped into a great community here, and if anyone who has read this thread comes across her or someone that knows her, they will reach out. i know i have in my day left people worried to death about me. as far as the cops, they stopped hearing you and/or caring about what you said when they realized she was traveler. and from past personal experience, the cops treat missing travelers more like persons of interest rather than missing loved ones. the idea for calling animal shelters is a great one. also try local soup kitchens and shelters and catholic churches with outreach organizations. many times they can get the word out to travelers to "pass on this info".... i once received a message while in oklahoma city that was started at st. vincent du paul in baton rouge.... i feel for you and your family and pray for yall. but for what its worth, 9 out of 10 times that something like this happens, its just a bad judgement call to get away and disappear. usually everything turns out fine.
Thanks for the kind words.. Ya know it isn't just cops who are disinterested in travelers, the majority of my (our) family pretty much just shrug their shoulders and ask me what I expected with her. As for soup kitchens and shelters, Tiffany wouldn't go to any place like that because of the "no dogs" policies. Although maybe I could just fax them flyers to hang up in case someone who does frequent them sees her...
Amazing that you got word in Oklahoma City that started in Baton Rouge... that and your last 2 sentences helped me to breathe a little easier this morning... thank you.

Reactions: thapoet

WorriedMom

Reaction score
Try local jails inbetween where you last talked to her and her destination. If you don't have a home phone or cell that accepts collect calls she wouldn't be able to call if she was in jail. And cops are usually shit when it comes to travelin kids or homeless people, to them the less the better. Had she not been travelin, there would have been a nationwide missing person alert all over CNN. I don't know. I'm just so sorry for what you're going through and I hope things turn out for the best. Like thapoet said try churches, feeds, whatever. Maybe make several thousand flyers and flood last know city's or destinations. Somone saw her somewhere. Good luck ma'am , she'll turn up.

Yeah, I called all the jails that are in between Parkersburg, W Va and Richmond, VA, no luck.. same with hospitals, and I checked for "Jane Doe"s as well.. I don't know the normal operating proceedure for when someone is missing, but I do feel like they could do more, or at least feign interest.. I know there are some hysterical parents who call the cops whenever their kid is late for curfew, but I am not one of them... Tiff's been traveling for 8 years or so and I've never once reported her missing.. I am not an over-reactor...
Flyers = Good Idea, I'm going to call some shelters now and ask who would be willing to hang one.
Thanks so much.

Noble Savage

Reaction score
As a father my heart goes out to you...searching around my self I found something a little disturbing...hopefully it doesn't mean anything but it gives a detectives name that might be able to help...

http://wv.craigslist.org/laf/3617225798.html

was she going down 77...is the garage she stayed just off the highway...can you google map the street view of the garage she was in and look around to see where she might have used the bathroom...get eats...water...when she woke up...

scatwomb

Reaction score
Thanks for responding, and yeah, we've started the animal shelter calling..
Any and all ideas are more than welcome, I have never done this before and the cops are ZERO help, in fact most seem slightly annoyed and condescending... after spending most of the night talking to various sheriff/police employees I am banging my head against the wall and starting to realize that if we are going to find out where she is/what happened to her it's going to be up to us... law enforcement just doesn't seem to care a whole lot about traveling people.

Honestly, it seems like you have your bases covered. Something will pop up soon enough due to your efforts.

I'll rack my brain and periodically post something on here if it comes to mind.

I don't want to make this into some political thing, but, it's fucking disgusting that the police are treating her differently because she's a traveller. Obviously, I am not surprised, but, this is just another indication that the police only care about protecting certain segments of the population. Fuck that.

Good luck with everything. Hopefully she's just on a farm somewhere...

Reactions: p4r4d0x

bryanpaul

Reaction score
ugh..... was hoping for good news when i checked this.....she is good freinds with a girl named courtney on facebook from richmond, i'll get ahold of her and see if shes heard from urs..... dont freak out too much just yet miss lori you know how she is about callin home sometimes.....

WorriedMom

Reaction score
SHE'S OK! An EMT in Ripley, W Va just called, they had seen my Craigslist posting and then saw Tiffany on the street there. She is fine... slightly tipsy and a little wet from the rain... but fine.

Thank you for your help, I can't tell you how appreciative I am.
I'll never do this again if she goes MIA.

WorriedMom

Reaction score
ugh..... was hoping for good news when i checked this.....she is good freinds with a girl named courtney on facebook from richmond, i'll get ahold of her and see if shes heard from urs..... dont freak out too much just yet miss lori you know how she is about callin home sometimes.....

I am OVER IT, I can't handle this anymore. Lesson learned: if she ever goes MIA again it won't be reported and, like the boy who cried wolf, she better hope she doesn't need someone to panic someday. The umbilical cord is officially CUT.

Reactions: Bl3wbyyou and Ireen

sucio

Reaction score
Im from memphis. Right now . im in bloomington, IN
Haha like she said, CALL YOUR MOM KID! Me and my homie used to talk about this patch we wanted to make. It would show a couple travelin kids drinkin and kickin it waitin by the tracks. One of the kids can't handle himself and is passed out on the track puke and pissed pants. The other kid says CALL YA MOM KID!

thapoet

Mr. Grizzly Bear bait
Reaction score
good news indeed... a nice idea you might want to discuss with her is passing ur cell number, or email address, or some way to get in touch with you IF something happens. you will have a little comfort in knowing that someone in the community has a way to notify you if something werento happen. communication goesma longmway on the roads and rails... u'd be surprisedmhow many conversations begin with "dude, youmremember that guy back in blah blah blah they called ______?" well eventually that conversation gets to someone that has a way of communicating with someone who might be worried..... anyways, glad everything ismok, and mad kudos to that emt!!! good eye bro!

bryanpaul

Reaction score
yay....if you talk to her tell her bryan said stop bein a dumdum.....

GhostWithTheMost

Previously HoboSquirrell
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Lori Nafz and my 26 year old daughter (That is her picture in my profile) was hitch hiking from Columbus, OH to Richmond VA last week when I lost contact with her. She used to visit this web site a lot, which is why I am asking for your help. I am attaching another photo of her to this message.. Her name is Tiffany Frost and she is traveling with her blonde pit bull/mix (Penelope). The last time I talked to her was March 3rd. She had gotten a ride to Parkersburg, W Va and found an abandoned garage to get out of the cold and sleep in. She was going to call me in the morning and we were going to talk about me driving to pick her up. She never called and her phone has gone straight to voice mail ever since. For various reasons that I won't go into here, this is out of the norm for her and, while I am somewhat used to being worried about her as she travels, this time there are indicators that something is very wrong. If you have seen her, please call me at 937-717-6134. Thanks for reading, and if there is a way to pass this on to other travelers that would be really appreciated.

Hey there, She is a friend of mine on FB and has stated she is alright, I sent here a link to this page..so Hopefully you'll hear osmething soon. Hope all is well and she really is safe.

meathook

Reaction score
dear this girl's mom, i don't think what you did was unnecessary, i always keep to my promises when it comes to phone calls. yer girl's an adult and all but i can understand if she promised to call you the next morning and then didn't contact you for like a week. if this happens again another good website to post on is lookatthisfuckingoogle.tumblr.com, we've found kids through there before.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads