Miri here!

MirandaLeigh

Reaction score
Heyo! I'm a Canadian girl looking to avoid the harshest winter months this year by hitchhiking, backpacking and doing whatever it takes to avoid the minimum wage job lifestyle I've come to hate so much. I am not dead set on where to go but I want to be gone in November sometime til February if I can swing it. =)
It's nice to find such a great site, hope to meet some travel buddies.~

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! You might want to check out the regional destination subforum to possibly get an idea as where you want to go. Urban exploration is also a fun place to view and plan from. So west or south sounds like the place to ditch winter :) Good luck and have fun!!

O

outlawloose

Yeh I've heard its a nice spot. Theres a crew change (train hopping catch out) up in TB. I was gonna pop up that way from Toronto in the next month to see it before I leave here

Kal

Reaction score
Welcome to S.T.P be safe and have fun.

MirandaLeigh

Reaction score
oooo that sounds like fun!! Also Thunder Bay in the fall is where it's at. It's not the city that's beautiful, it's what's around it. A fall hike up the Sleeping Giant is one of the most beautiful things I've seen. I highly HIGHLY recommend it. ^___^

Reactions: Kal
D

Deleted member 13433

It's so surprising how many Canadian's want to hit the States, whereas I want out of the States and into Canada !!

Problem is I'm still years away from being able to pull that off due to some obligations I have, which are all good.

I hear there are area's above Lake Superior where there are simply no people, in fact what attracts me most about Canada is how little the actual population is, I mean last time I checked all of Canada's people is like equal to the population of the NY/NJ/CT metropolitian area !!

Good Luck, I hope you find what it is you are looking for.

MirandaLeigh

Reaction score
It's so surprising how many Canadian's want to hit the States, whereas I want out of the States and into Canada !!

Problem is I'm still years away from being able to pull that off due to some obligations I have, which are all good.

I hear there are area's above Lake Superior where there are simply no people, in fact what attracts me most about Canada is how little the actual population is, I mean last time I checked all of Canada's people is like equal to the population of the NY/NJ/CT metropolitian area !!

Good Luck, I hope you find what it is you are looking for.

OH dont get me wrong,I LOVE Canada. The issue is winter. The states is easy to get to and I can stay there for a while while I wait for spring and can come back. Canada is seriously the best >___<

Reactions: Odin

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I've only spent time at whistler/blackcomb BC, in the past during my service days. I deff would love to see more of Canada. :) Off the top of my head Halifax would be nice to visit.

D

Deleted member 13433

if I could wilderness camp via canoe on the Canadian side of Lake Superior, for just a few months, I would indeed die a happy man........

For me - Canada has such vast beauty.
You can travel places and never see another human being.

I bet the northern lights must be an incredible sight to witness, not too mention the night sky in general as I bet it gets seriously dark up there.

MirandaLeigh

Reaction score
Seriously, come to Canada next spring and you'll have a camping buddy. You can stay on the Sleeping Giant for free if you have no car. Get a ride there and stay as long as you want. That's my plan for next year =)

JamesPrice94

Reaction score
Maybe go to BC? When I was in the navy I got sent to esquimalt which is near Victoria for a few weeks during January. I think the coldest it got was around 5C, which I thought was perfect sweater weather :)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 13433

God that sounds great, wish I could but for now I am locked in at my undesirable location, mainly due to family obligations and of course taking care of my animals - but again, I have this time frame - 10 to 15 years out from now [which for me is not a long time off] once it is just me, I'm packing up my gear, loading it into my canoe that's on a trailer and I'm paying someone a whole lot of cash to get me way way up north - where I can primitive camp out of my canoe until I am one with the Earth.........

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads