Miami to Puerto Rico | Squat the Planet

Miami to Puerto Rico

Claymore

Reaction score
Hey trying to help a friend out. He left the PNW about a month ago, lost his ID in Montana, thumbed to Georgia where he got some work. Job ended so his plan is to get to Miami in the next couple of days and then somehow get to Puerto Rico, where I am, so he can get work and live the tropical dream. Here's the question... Any idea how to make it to this island surrounded by big water (lolz) with very little money and no form of identification? Is it even possible?

D

Deleted member 125

as far as i know you dont need a passport to travel from the states to puerto rico, so thats a positive and getting a new ID in the states isnt all that difficult or expensive even being houseless he shouldnt have that much of a issue just geting a id card. flights from florida to puerto rico are only around a hundred bucks so if hes still got some bread from his last job i dont see why just getting a plane ticket should be a problem.

Claymore

Reaction score
First let me say... I can't figure out this avitar bullshit so please don't delete me!! I'll get it solved!!

So as far as the ID goes, he doesn't have any of his pedigree paperwork (SS card, birth cert, etc) so that's kind of the hang up right now. If there's absolutely no way to do it then that's what it is and we will have to figure that part out. But I figured someone has to know if another way somehow and a closed mouth don't get fed, so I thought I'd ask.

D

deleted17310

I'll be sailing that way sooner or later. leaving Massachusetts within a week and cruising the coast to Fla then hopping to the islands

Claymore

Reaction score
I don't know if you're up for it but if you are down to have a passenger, he'll have his own supplies, will help you with whatever work on the boat and he has a little bit... Not much... But a little bit of money to throw you.

D

deleted17310

I don't know if you're up for it but if you are down to have a passenger, he'll have his own supplies, will help you with whatever work on the boat and he has a little bit... Not much... But a little bit of money to throw you.
I won't be down that way for about 6 weeks but we'll talk I'll hit you up when I get there

AzureSoul

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I love a happy ending! ^.^

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads