mels introduction

wayward

Reaction score
hi all! I'm Mel, an aspiring traveler from Ontario, Canada. I was on the streets for about half a year when I was a teen, and for the most part was a homebum sticking around in one spot. Although some of the situations I was put in from staying in the same city weren't great, I loved the freedom associated with it and have been researching the traveling lifestyle for a while now. The time is coming for me to hit the road again and this time I want to travel the country and hopefully meet all sorts of new like-minded people along the way.

I love nature, hikes, rock and indie music, I'm an artist (but by no means a good one!) and love learning about peoples different religious and spiritual practices. Politically I would call myself a Libertarian. Currently my plan is to head out by the end of August. Although I may hit the road earlier depending on how things play out.
That's all for now! You guys should (hopefully) be hearing again from me soon.
-mel :)

ali

Reaction score
Hey Mel, welcome to StP. There are a bunch of Canadians on here, including a couple in Ontario. I'm in BC and planning on heading east and maybe south in August. Do you have any destination in mind yet?

Reactions: JackSquat

wayward

Reaction score
Hey Mel, welcome to StP. There are a bunch of Canadians on here, including a couple in Ontario. I'm in BC and planning on heading east and maybe south in August. Do you have any destination in mind yet?
I was planning to head to BC actually! The weather is nicer and the mountains and nature there are beautiful. I've only been once before and really want to head back.

Traveler

Reaction score
hi all! I'm Mel, an aspiring traveler from Ontario, Canada. I was on the streets for about half a year when I was a teen, and for the most part was a homebum sticking around in one spot. Although some of the situations I was put in from staying in the same city weren't great, I loved the freedom associated with it and have been researching the traveling lifestyle for a while now. The time is coming for me to hit the road again and this time I want to travel the country and hopefully meet all sorts of new like-minded people along the way.

I love nature, hikes, rock and indie music, I'm an artist (but by no means a good one!) and love learning about peoples different religious and spiritual practices. Politically I would call myself a Libertarian. Currently my plan is to head out by the end of August. Although I may hit the road earlier depending on how things play out.
That's all for now! You guys should (hopefully) be hearing again from me soon.
-mel :)
Welcome to stp and good luck with with the travelling life :)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads