Me: a comprehensive guide | Squat the Planet

Me: a comprehensive guide

Bobbyeves

Reaction score
I’m Bobby or Robert , 33. I did a lot of dwelling and train hopping back in the day and kind of hung it up and went to the normal world until a really cool opportunity arose which I couldn’t refuse.
now I travel the east coast from top to bottom and soon to be entire country running antiques and items around to buyers all while having the same freedom of van dwelling and seeing cool shit but getting paid for it and not having to worry about that part of things.
feel free to hit me up on Instagram @ bobbyxboness and see where I’m at. I’ll probably be down to eat food or wander around.
enjoying the spiritual journey, music and food

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
Wow that sounds like an awesome gig! I have so many questions, if you have the time to answer em.
What sort of antiques do you transport? Are you employed through a company or you an independent contractor? How long do your trips generally last, are you on a tight schedule to complete your deliveries or do you get some down time? What sort of van do you work out of, is it converted or bare bones so as to be able to haul larger stuff?

Welcome to the site!

• Agree
Reactions: iamwhatiam

Bobbyeves

Reaction score
Wow that sounds like an awesome gig! I have so many questions, if you have the time to answer em.
What sort of antiques do you transport? Are you employed through a company or you an independent contractor? How long do your trips generally last, are you on a tight schedule to complete your deliveries or do you get some down time? What sort of van do you work out of, is it converted or bare bones so as to be able to haul larger stuff?

Welcome to the site!
Really whatever bids we win usually or people we work with regularly. I’ve moved a bunch of antique furniture to arcade games. I’m an indenpendent contractor but I’m employed by a company that does all the booking and such. And normally during a day I get a route of whatever stops and as long as I get their that day or by certain times if they have time frames I can kind of do whatever I want. I stop and adventure around cities and places pretty often. I’m on the road year round so I don’t really go home but maybe one night every few weeks as I pass through. I’m in a giant sprinter van. It’s bare bones other than the loft bed I built inside for sleeping. So I can carry a bunch of stuff at once. But it’s still homey and relaxing for the most part. Anything else you wanna know feel free to ask

• Useful
Reactions: EphemeralStick

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads