Massachusetts.

Jumpin

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm a 25 year old from a city outside of Boston, Brockton...like that means anything to anyone. I always seem to end up back in this hell hole, although I've moved away...always end up back here. Renting houses losing jobs yada yada yada. Never really traveled before aside from running away when I was like 16 on a greyhound to florida. Been homeless and such for a large chunk of my youth. I'm sure you understand how it is, young punk kid.....yeah Harvard Square was appealing to me at that age haha. I'm trying to scrape money up to get a pack going and such but I was just wondering if theres anyone remotely close with any experience that would like a road dog ya know? I'm pretty laid back I drink and smoke and all that fun stuff, no real drugs tho. Even if you have no experience if you're planning something and would rather not go it alone, let me know. Shoot me a message or something. Thank you in advance and even if this does not interest you.....happy travels.

D

Deleted member 20

I was stuck livin there for awhile until i started working, then i moved to New Bedford. I even helped a family member get an apartment in Fall river. No these 2 places aint heaven but tend to be better than Brockton. NB is goin thru a pre gentrification phase that few see for what it is complete with downtown redevelopment & commuter rail project; making the small coastal city & mega commercial fishing port into another commuter town. I was drawn there by the prospect of good fishing jobs & cheap rents both that I was lucky to find. I routinely go to Boston(where i grew up) to see shows & drink beer. If you hear of anything goin on there & wanna hang out let me know.

VitaminDe

Reaction score
I have a similar story to tell, but I won't tell it. The point is I just joined too, and I'm in the same boat. So yeah, now what?

And for what its worth, I'm from NJ/NY, but I lived in North Quincy, Mass for about a year during high school. I wasn't so concerned with Harvard, either, hahah.

VitaminDe

Reaction score
YEAH HOORAY I READ THAT WRONG, FUCK!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad my first replies on this site were two snot-nosed comments. I didn't do shit in Massachusetts except try to stay away from everyone and do my own thing, and only ended up there cause I was homeless. That's not my similar story though, just the geographically correct answer to your question of where I live now.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads