1. Not like it changes anything, but we are obligated to inform you that we are using cookies - so, we just did. Learn More.
  2. If you're new to the world of underground travel, you should check out The Anarchist's Guide to Travel! This 243 page book is a how-2 manual of everything you need to know about exploring the world through hitchhiking, train hopping, bike touring, rubber tramping, sailing, and more! Included in this book are instructions on how to survive on the road (gear, food, money, etc) and answers all of the most common questions we get here on StP in one easy reference. Save yourself hours of searching the forums while still supporting the StP community! Click here for more information!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey you! Yeah, we see you there, lurking! Well, this notice is just to let you know that there's several sections of the website that are available to members only! You're missing out on a lot of stuff by not signing up for an account! It's free, so what have you got to lose?
    Dismiss Notice

manic hippie dream girl (arkansas )

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by siouxsie, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Caro

Caro Hungry for Knowledge

Achievements:
    Address:
    Seville, AL, Spain
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +25 / -0
    As someone who also hit the road as an 18 year old girl, "being alone and scared" wasn't actually the main preoccupation.
    Here's the thing, a lot of train dudes get their "masculinity badge" by having authority on the dangers of train life, and feel mad when people dare disrespect the wisdom they acquired drinking dumpster beer. Asking for advice is a pretty direct way to appeal to that authority so I would take the feedback with a grain of salt.
    It is 100% true that there are potential dangers and pitfalls and looking for tactical solutions is smart but most of the time you're hopping trains or hitchin, you're waiting in some grassy area trying to find ways to entertain yourself.
    Traveling with friends can be fun and feel safer but I've opted many times to travel alone because it was a better experience and I always ended up learning a lot.
    I would emphasize researching shit and identify what skills you have and can develop because chances are you will actually rely on them at some point and that typically has more to do with getting your needs met than with fighting someone off but I guess pepper spray ain't bad.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Popsicle

Popsicle Celebrated Poster

Achievements:
    Drifter
    Address:
    Lost City, WV, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +137 / -8
    This lady above knows her salt ✓
    I read every word of what she said and felt it ✓

My two cents is this thread might be something fake as well ? It's got the red light for all above, no reply , thread title to lure or bait ,

Pros it's a informative regardless either way .

Blackbird out ™

• Like Like x 1
  3. Popsicle

Achievements:
    Drifter
    Address:
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +137 / -8
    Alright I woke up to this again today . Gonna block my eyes from this thread .

• Like Like x 1
  4. DrewSTNY

DrewSTNY Sir Posts a Lot
    StP Supporter

Achievements:
    Aged, Sage-like Enginerd
    Address:
    Gang Mills, NY, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +246 / -2
    Is there a way to block threads? That would be a good feature.

5. Popsicle

Achievements:
    Drifter
    Address:
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +137 / -8
    This thread is like puking spaghetti noodles through nose ! And barfing up chili cheese fries .

6. Spider Tempura

Spider Tempura Hungry for Knowledge

Achievements:
    Address:
    Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +24 / -0
    This one time at burningman 98 or 99.. we had this manic dream guy that went with us on a hop n hitch cross country two week adventure from ny to black rock city. In short the manic part drove us all insane and the dreamy part got on our nerves cuz he was always wetwiping himself and spraying some god awful cologne on himself.

Personally i like to travel alone or in groups of 4 to 7 ish. I find slighly crusty folks are moar fun to travel with. Filth just adds character to le coveralls imho, just dont be smelling like piss eh.

Dont be that dude, when in the dirt get dirty, when in the dust be one with it, its ok, its encouraged even. Just dont wet the bed, puke in the tent, or poop right along a path or trail. And never ever ever drop a deuce in the bus, if you feel something say something, id rather pull over to a bathroom catch my drift.

7. nomadic poetess

nomadic poetess is getting to know the place

Achievements:
    Call Taker
    Ratings:
    +13 / -0
    Trust nobody but yourself , and as pointed out above always trust your instincts.

#stayhumbleandstaykind