Makeshift weapons

Blackfoot

Reaction score
Ive made a few makeshift weapons that I have used a couple of times (not proud) from a very shitty glove with tuna can pieces super glued to it , to a bike chain guard , wrapped with a stick in it Just curious if anyone's got any weapons they have made and what they are :0? - I also might share more of the weapons I've made or tried to make soon with pictures.

Reactions: born2raizehell

MetalBryan

Reaction score
Weird but good topic.

Attachments

• bike5.png
    bike5.png
    83.1 KB · Views: 108
Reactions: DirtWar

sevedemanos

Reaction score
EQ. i happened to develop it pretty good in my youth. both parents were narcissist drunkards

being able to read people, in the monent, is probably been my only weapon but an effective one. and pretty much makeshift, too

acting ability. everybody has that if only still innate

born2raizehell

owen mooney
Reaction score
you could beat somebodys ass pretty well with a chain. I used to wear a chain and padlock around my neck and although I didnt practice with it, just holding it I felt like it was good enough as a weapon if I ever needed it. actually wouldnt be a bad option since my knife fell out my pocket recently since I gained weight and my pants were too tight. the downside is obviously having to fucking unlock it, then again some times its that skill to make sure youre in control first before you use it.

• Agree
Reactions: Blackfoot

Blackfoot

Reaction score
EQ. i happened to develop it pretty good in my youth. both parents were narcissist drunkards

being able to read people, in the monent, is probably been my only weapon but an effective one. and pretty much makeshift, too

acting ability. everybody has that if only still innate

I like this idea I always try to talk my way out or just ignore people , but sadly in the areas I wander I sometimes have to resort to the second option of defending myself which isn't a great feeling

• Agree
Reactions: sevedemanos

Blackfoot

Reaction score
This is that weird bike cover club thingy I made I usually carry around. Doubles as a shitty hammer also

Attachments

• IMG20230119022850.jpg
    IMG20230119022850.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 115

MetalBryan

Reaction score
This is that weird bike cover club thingy I made I usually carry around. Doubles as a shitty hammer also

I'm having trouble figuring out what the metal piece is. This looks like it's made from 4 materials - electrical tape, maybe white duct tape, a stick, and something metal I can't identify. Hope you can help me out this looks interesting.

laughingman

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
i prefer the monkeys fist basically a steel ball in a knot vary effective but vary illegal in some states

This is actually a very old sailors invention called a slungshot or sometimes a blackjack ( though that can also be a weighted baton). Sailors would carry them into port towns to defend themselves. Apparently they work very well because there outlawed in tons of places. Any heavy wight on the end of a short flexible cord or cloth can be very dangerous.

Reactions: Tony G

sevedemanos

Reaction score
I like this idea I always try to talk my way out or just ignore people , but sadly in the areas I wander I sometimes have to resort to the second option of defending myself which isn't a great feeling

as in everything else its different for everybody. myself i couldve walked through the hood of houston or memphis, phoenix or LA.. sacramento, bakersfield.. richmond.. any other night or even just a few minutes earlier and it mightve been bad news. ive been incredibly lucky. just barely slipping by it all in the knick of time in some cases. alcohol helps a lot.

was chased by a local gang all over south austin one night. nothing on me but a pocket knife. i picked up on it as soon as they were moving my way though and had the tarp and bedroll rolled up and packed in moments. dove over the nearest fence and the next and circled back. they had been attacking other riders id met along the tracks there the previous nights. gunshots.. was on the first northbound for Denison the next morning.

i was homeless for some years prior to travel though. youth shelters and day centers in seattle were intense. you learn to act. play crazy or play smart, friendly or sketch, case by case. some people want to smell your fear, others dont and you dont want them to either. you have to identify whatever it is that is going to set them off first, and then facilitate something else entirely that will lead them as far from it as possible.

yeah ive been very lucky. i try not to push it.

Dmac

Reaction score
I like to make myself a walking stick or staff. Comes in handy for lots of things and if I have to ditch if because it won’t fit in a ride, it’s easy to find another. I have never had a cop hassle me over it having one, but have had a few ask me to set it aside while we talked. Even a slender walking stick will hurt like hell if you use it like a spear instead of swinging it like a club.

roguetrader

Reaction score
I agree @Dmac - a staff can make an excellent 'attitude adjuster' if it is used to make a quick jab to the belly / throat / face (or wherever)...

it's also unlikely to lead to serious blood loss, which is the reason I personally wouldn't use a knife in a fight....

• Agree
Reactions: Dmac

Blackfoot

Reaction score
I'm having trouble figuring out what the metal piece is. This looks like it's made from 4 materials - electrical tape, maybe white duct tape, a stick, and something metal I can't identify. Hope you can help me out this looks interesting.

Yeah so its just a chain guard from a bike , I find a decent stick that won't break as easy lmao sand it if I have the paper for it and shave it too if need be, then proceed to just jam it in there with it smothered in super glue real quick. And after it dries I put electric tape over all of it then athletic grip tape after also . Not super hard to make

Attachments

• ElectraCruiser126LadiesChainguards_23838_F_Primary-1.jpeg
    ElectraCruiser126LadiesChainguards_23838_F_Primary-1.jpeg
    12.4 KB · Views: 113
Reactions: MetalBryan

Blackfoot

Reaction score
I like to make myself a walking stick or staff. Comes in handy for lots of things and if I have to ditch if because it won’t fit in a ride, it’s easy to find another. I have never had a cop hassle me over it having one, but have had a few ask me to set it aside while we talked. Even a slender walking stick will hurt like hell if you use it like a spear instead of swinging it like a club.

Yeah I had a walking stick for awhile. Lmao well more like a walking log it was super dumb , but normal walking sticks work well

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads