Lurker decloaking | Squat the Planet

Lurker decloaking

Eyegor

Reaction score
Hello, STP. My handle is Eyegor and I am a middle aged Fed and a Cop. Wanted to put that out right up front. I've done more than my share of tramping around and have always befriended travelers because they have always befriended me. While I have lurked here for a few years it was never for a nefarious purpose. More of a Walter Mitty voyeurism. In many ways I envy you and your adventures. I started hopping trains as a teen ager but it was always 10 miles or less. I've also trekked many a trail. I've been cold, hungry and lost out on the road, but provenance and luck have always prevailed. While my lifestyle now is pretty button-down, I like to believe the spirit of the tramp still resides in my heart. I don't pretend to be one of you and hope you are accepting of me as your tribe has been of others.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
eeek.gif

hehe j/k I actually work in another dept with a woman whose husband is FBI and works a lot around my area on area drug busts. Oh if he only knew what and who I know from my checkered past hehe.

Welcome to STP! :)

Eyegor

Reaction score
no offence Eyegore but is this the right place for thee ? I'm thinking cross purposes / pulling in opposite directions etc ...
None taken. My main reason for posting was to put up a local news article of a freight rider who was killed after apparently falling from the consist while moving at speed. In case anyone here knew him or his family I wanted the word to spread. It also serves as a potentially life saving reminder of the dangers of the steel snake.
Over the years I've learned a great deal from the stories and experiences of others. I'm sure there are many folks here who would disagree with me or other forum members on certain issues. Like most tribes we are all individuals in our thoughts and actions. OTOH we are all more similar than we are different. If my presence here proves to be disruptive or unwanted I will voluntarily quit posting. I will however continue to read and learn.

• Useful
Reactions: OstrichJockey

roguetrader

Reaction score
(pressed off topic by mistake, keep doing that, big fingers small phone...)
well I can't claim to speak for the STP community as I am a recent addition myself but I commend you for your honest posts ; I try not to deal in stereotypes - I've met cool cops, I've met a hole travellers...... maybe we can convert you to utopian anarchism ! it's soooo much better than the straight world

OstrichJockey

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Hello, STP. My handle is Eyegor and I am a middle aged Fed and a Cop. Wanted to put that out right up front. I've done more than my share of tramping around and have always befriended travelers because they have always befriended me. While I have lurked here for a few years it was never for a nefarious purpose. More of a Walter Mitty voyeurism. In many ways I envy you and your adventures. I started hopping trains as a teen ager but it was always 10 miles or less. I've also trekked many a trail. I've been cold, hungry and lost out on the road, but provenance and luck have always prevailed. While my lifestyle now is pretty button-down, I like to believe the spirit of the tramp still resides in my heart. I don't pretend to be one of you and hope you are accepting of me as your tribe has been of others.

I dont want to not welcome you to the community, but you are a federal agent. Please accept my almost welcome and hope that you find deep contentment within our boards, without using any of the information you find here to fuck anyone over.

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
lol a fed/cop on a travellers' website, offering safety reminders...no seriously folks i love federal agents. with ketchup and tabasco sauce.

Last edited:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads