Lost soul with nowhere to go...

Tylerthesmith

Reaction score
Hello friends and traveling family! I'm Ty and I'm 25 from Louisiana and currently in upstate New York a around the Syracuse area being housed up by a childhood friend. The only destination in mind right now is Colorado but I would like to hop into Canada even though that will be next to impossible. I'm a musician and I have only been traveling for a few weeks now and I'm looking to leave here for anywhere. If anyone's in or around New York hit me up on my celly: 3188169645 or Instagram: iwsmofftss and let me know and I'll meet up and we can travel. Looking for some solid road dogs but will settle for some fun temps. Anyways if anyone gives a fuck hit me up otherwise stay crusty my friends!

Reactions: Matt Derrick

Apothegm

Reaction score
Happy travels brother. Work your way to Utah for the gathering. I made it i to Canada once, no papers. There are many trains(to utah, not transcontinental) that are easy and they're friendly rides (sometimes....keep a knife of pepper spray handy). Good luck!!

Reactions: Tylerthesmith

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Same as Sketchy says, if ya hit Rochester I'll have some cold ones here for ya

Charlie

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Have fun and stay safe travelling, I heard there's a music festival starting tomorrow and going until july 6th or so. It's called Summerfest, it's in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and I heard about it somewhere on these forums. I've also heard of another Rainbow Gathering going on in West Virginia.

Here's a link for the forum talking about both of the Rainbow Gatherings: https://squattheplanet.com/threads/utah-national-rainbow-gathering.19849/

Here's a link for the forum talking about Summerfest: http://www.summerfest.com/
for some reason, my computer was able to pull up the link last night, but it can't today because of a server error.

Charlie

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
if you're never going to find what you're looking for, then why are you looking for it? If you're looking for the bathroom, I hope you find it (or something similar in function) because that is an adventure in itself. and guess what? it doesn't end at that. Any adventurer you'll ever meet doesn't go on just one adventure. Any adventurer you meet is lead to more adventures on each adventure they go on. The best part is not the destination, but the journey, and getting to the destination does not satisfy the urge to journey, so for the sake of satisfying the constant urge to journey, an adventurer must continue to make destinations so that they can enjoy the journey. When an adventurer has no destination, they have no journey, and this results in wanderlust. I think you'll soon see the never ending curse/blessing that most travelers experience. This could even be seen as a human experience. If a lifestyle does not fulfill one's spirit, then that person will change their lifestyle until their spirit is satisfied. For some, this is a simple task. For others, this can take years. For the rest, they will never reach satisfaction. The difference lies in ones ability to learn.

I'm not sure if this is entirely true, but it sounds about right according to my own experiences. Maybe you'll share similar experiences, maybe you won't, I do not know.

Reactions: Tylerthesmith

Charlie

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I think you'll find many things and many places. Learning how to accept the place you're in is pretty difficult, but incredibly valuable. I met a mathematician/entrepreneur/helicopter pilot the other day. For such a smart person, he almost killed one of his helicopter passengers because he was too busy showing off his helicopter to notice that his passenger was standing right under the propeller as the propeller was slowing down and starting to get pulled lower and lower. He lacked the presence to notice what's going on and while he was in a fantasy land, I pulled his passenger out of the way. In being present, one can do many good things, have good coordination, good common sense, and a still mind. With these qualities, a person is very valuable, even if others do not notice. Focusing on breath is an exercise to practice presence.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads